Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wolves in Sheep Clothing, Invitational Test Game

Welcome to the world of tooth and claw, where all work together for the best of the pack and the Alpha leads us. With tainted blood, both human and lupine, the desire for power has grown strong.

It is now every wolf for himself. Kill the Alpha Leader, become the Alpha leader. Then try desperately to survive to the end!

Official rules:

Rules shamelessly copied from MoonGoddess! (and other resources)

11 players; Invitational Test Game; Lynch Time: 9:00 PM BGG time, Dawn: 10:00 PM BGG

RULES

Werewolf is a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology and bandwagoning. Moreover, it's a lot of fun.

The rules are pretty simple: The players represent a wolfpack and each member of the wolfpack has a role which is kept secret. Most players are juvenile/wolf cubs but two or more are Alpha & Beta and two are Scouts, there are some other roles which are explained later. The goal of the Juvenile/Cub is to become the next Alpha Leader. The goal of the Alpha & Beta is to achieve 1:1 parity with the pack at which time they can openly rise up and overwhelm the pack thus winning the game.

Gameplay
The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a Night phase.

Night
In a night phase the Alpha & Beta will choose a member of the pack to eat and also the Scouts will choose one player to view. The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM (private message) function who their victim will be and inform the moderator of their choice. The Scouts (individually) should decide who his/her target will be and inform the moderator of his/her choice.

The Alpha's victim is dead and is removed from the game, but the rest of the pack won't find out until daytime who the victim is and what their secret role was.

The scouts have his/ her view revealed as "Alpha Wolf, Not Alpha Wolf."

*Exception, on Night 0 there is no werewolf kill and the Scouts will receive a random 'negative' (Juvenile/Cub) view.

Day
During the daytime the wolfpack all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the Alpha & Beta. At this point at least one player is an Alpha and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including Alpha & Beta who have assumed pack form, must discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where the pack start to cast votes for who they feel is an Alpha and must be lynched. Votes must be cast in CassandraProject format. (Instructions on use will be posted at game start.) Lynch is a fight to the death. When the Alpha is killed the new Alpha will be informed.

At the end of the day the player who received the most votes is lynched and is removed from the game. That player's role will be revealed to the village. When the lynching is done the pack goes back to their dens to sleep and the next night begins.

Morning will be 1 hour past lynch time or when all night results have been processed, whichever comes first. EI, therefore, ergo ... morning may be earlier. Of course, it might be a little late as well.

Winning
In case it's not clear: The last two standing win. Parity is reached when the Alpha & Beta equal remaining wolves.

Roles

Roles will be assigned randomly; the Moderator will inform you of your role via PM prior to the gamestart. The following is a description of the roles in the game.

Alpha Leader: (1) Wolf. Pack Leader. Knows the Beta wolf & has PM rights with Beta. Also able to take out one of those voting for him. Wants nothing more than to lead the pack without interference.

Beta Leader: (1) Wolf. Second in Command. Knows the Alpha and each subsequent Alpha. PM rights with Alpha's. Needs to make it to the end of the game, cannot aspire to Alpha Leader status.

Brutal Wolf: (1) Wolf. Takes out one of those voting for him.

Scouts: (2) Wolf. Body guards the Alpha. Act as "seer" type to find the alpha & protect. Will self-sacrifice to save the Alpha. Role removed: no workable scenario possible

Juvenile & cubs: Wolf. Always ready to gang up. Normally found play fighting with fellow cubs, learning the moves he'll need to take control of the pack himself.

Omega Wolf (1): Wolf. Has no special powers, however will become Beta wolf, if Beta is taken out.

Miscellaneous
1) The Alpha & Beta may PM between themselves. All other players may not send PMs (unless to the Moderator as called for by your role or to ask a question). Please cc: the Mod on all PMs. No quoting of PMs in the thread.

2) If there is a tie in the lynch vote then the player with the longest held continuous vote against him will be lynched.

3) Please post within 15 hours of roles being sent or a replacement will be sought.

4) No conditional voting.

5) Technically there is no talking between Lynch and Sunrise, however, I will bend that rule since we have a couple of Aussies playing with us. Feel free to chit-chat, but please do not divulge sensitive information or vote during the nighttime hour. Ghost stories, urban legends and flirting are all completely acceptable.

Special Note:
The rules governing the ascention in packrank are hidden. When the Alpha is taken-out, the new Alpha (& existing Beta) will be notified and subsequent communication networks arranged.

The Cassandra Communication System will be utilitied. All players will have private chat with the MOD. Alpha & Beta will have an additional chat with the MOD. Each new Alpha will subsequently be added to the private "wolf" chat.

Cassandra will also be calculating vote tallies, and automatically posting DUSK. If your vote is noted after Cassandra posts DUSK, it will NOT be counted.

Players:
Beowulf - n2
Denry
Esuh - d2
jmilum
kuchick - n1
MoonGoddess
RoyalFlush - d1
Shugyosha
TheArchAngel
Xandryyte
Yuma75

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Wolves in Sheep Clothing (Invitation Test Game) WIP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Beowulf
Denry
Esuh
jmilum
kuchick
MoonGoddess
RoyalFlush
Shugyosha
TheArchAngel
Xandryyte
Yuma75

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1277...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Klein
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

WOO HOO, first to sign up. If BB's modding it's gonna be good right?

Thanks for the invite!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
~MUST LOVE~ ~Geeky Time Lords~
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course I'll play.

So ... when do we start??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Klein
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

WOO HOO, first to sign up. If BB's modding it's gonna be good right?

Thanks for the invite!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Personal Form Letter Invite ?

How can I resist ?

Yup. In.

Late October works well for me, as does most any other time (assuming you'll break for bgg.con).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Klein
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty much good anytime, except of course for the bgg.con in Dallas. Earlier, later, it's all good to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So it is sort of a King of the Hill game run along Werewolf lines?

Well, of course I will play.

I am wondering what the incentive is for the Scouts to save the Alpha?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I will join the pack. To the Alpha, the spoils!

(as for start date, mid-October would suit me)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
shugyosha wrote:
I am wondering what the incentive is for the Scouts to save the Alpha?

I'm thinking that perhaps the Alpha will know who the Scouts are ... so therefore will not eat the scouts in the night. Tho the Scouts must still look for the Alpha. They win if they are alive at the end of the game.

Still working on details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
oh yes ... I've decided that it shall be so ... also I've added an Omega Wolf who will take over for the Beta in the event the Beta is lynched.

I foresee this game being more difficult that previously thought.

Especially since role reveal reveals everyone as "So&So the Wolf"!

Muhahahaha!

I must remember not to engage in maniacal laughter ... I would hate to miss any plot points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Bugger it. Was thinking of skipping this one, but I'll join anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Esuh wrote:

You were thinking of not playing with me? But you're here now, so I guess I can't be too sad about that. Besides, you know my games are just for fun! All is well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbane wrote:
oh yes ... I've decided that it shall be so ... also I've added an Omega Wolf who will take over for the Beta in the event the Beta is lynched.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end

hmmm, lets be a little more incluseve and throw in a bit of the Bhagavad Gita (albeit mistranslated by Oppenheimer, but it is the way people remember it)

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

So we can add in a Krishna Wolf. And since he is really just the Avatar of Vishnu, we can have him too!! If we REALLY want to get in deep we can have a Shiva Wolf that gets a kill once he gets angry and opens his third eye. That would be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Butterbane wrote:
Esuh wrote:

You were thinking of not playing with me? But you're here now, so I guess I can't be too sad about that. Besides, you know my games are just for fun! All is well!

Nah, I was thinking about trying to do some actual work some time this year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
jmilum wrote:
Butterbane wrote:

hmmm, lets be a little more incluseve and throw in a bit of the Bhagavad Gita (albeit mistranslated by Oppenheimer, but it is the way people remember it)

So we can add in a Krishna Wolf. And since he is really just the Avatar of Vishnu, we can have him too!! If we REALLY want to get in deep we can have a Shiva Wolf that gets a kill once he gets angry and opens his third eye. That would be cool.

Do we suffer from a god complex, dear Jmilum?

I like the idea of a chaotic wolf. Perhaps for the BIG game ... if this test proves successful. Hey is there any place that lists all possible roles and what they do. Something like ...

Werewolf - kills villagers
Bodyguard - protects seer
Seer - looks for wolves
Sorceror - looks for seer
Priest - does what?
Wolfcub - does what?

Any help would be helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Esuh wrote:
Nah, I was thinking about trying to do some actual work some time this year

Work? Who works? I werewolf to protect myself from the monotony of my job! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbane wrote:
Hey is there any place that lists all possible roles and what they do.

perahps this? might not be exactly what you want though....

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/125185

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Butterbane wrote:

Perhaps a different version of "mythology"?
Religion 1: Christianity.
Religion 2: Hinduism.
Religion X... You get the drift

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Butterbane wrote:
Especially since role reveal reveals everyone as "So&So the Wolf"!

Which reminds me - best to be clear WHICH wolf you are talking about as you write the rules. e.g.
The Rules wrote:
The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM

I assume this should be the Alpha and Beta...

Also:

The Scouts can't become Alpha?
or at least:
are you giving any hints about how a Cub can become Alpha? Since the aim of the game is to be Alpha at the end, I can foresee the pack wondering if now is the right time to lynch the Alpha Wolf and risk ending the game with Not-Them at the head of the pack.

You could have a known succession, or you could have each player know who is immediately above or below them (1st in line would just have 'Alpha' as above him, probably, rather than a specific name)

Perhaps you've already considered this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Seems I have to clean up the rules a little more. *straightens glasses in preperation for more proof reading*

I've considered this ... I have a method worked out in figuring out who succeeds the Alpha. It is possible for a wolfcub to become Alpha ... as it's wolfcub in name only. It is possible for scouts to become Alpha, but not necessary for them to win.

It is not possible to kill the Alpha and end the game early. As when the Alpha is killed, a new Alpha takes his place.

Still waiting for five people to get back to me ... still working out a couple of knots I've found in my plans. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmy
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still waiting to hear back from 5 people about playing ... if I don't hear from them by close of day Monday ... I will send a call out to five entirely different people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.