Commands & Colors: Napoleonics» Forums » General

Subject: Strange CCN fans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only we love or not CCN and others C&C games but I met by hasard in Bordeaux (France) a group of guys who own the CCN games but play it from years with COMPLETLY DIFFERENT HOME RULES! I understood that they use the blocks and scenarios but the characteristics of the units and the general rules are completly different ... ARRRG!

This is a MAD MAD WORLD!

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all the heavy cabernet in the Bordeaux wines. Three glasses and you're ready to conquer Austria.

If you want an interesting variant on C&CN, you might look at Advanced Vive l'Empereur. It was published several years before C&CN. It uses left-right-center sectors and card play to activate the units, but it's done in a very different way. Oh, and there are lots of free scenarios available for download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
SOunds interesting, what do you think about this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
from what I recall you get about 6 different command cards and once you use one you cant use that card again right until you used all the cards.
Been a long time since I looked at the system, but I played the new battlelore command on the ipad the other day and it had the same mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOOOW!

Imagine CCN or CCA on Iphone & Ipad to play solo or multiplayers: A dream!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
to play solo

If the Computer engine have the same skills then like the
engine on MM44 online, you will certainly increase your winning statistic up to 100% whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo No: Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World! (From the American comedy movie of the same name) Ha ha!

You know what they say: "Once you buy the game, its yours, and you can do whatever you want with it!" Still...I'd rather they post their "Variants" here for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An online port of the games to ipad or iphone and better still cross platform would see such an exponential rise in players, there would be no need for an AI. Heck, i would be even happy with such a port to allow solitaire at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.