Subject: Bugle + Shifting Decoy + Bystanders? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike TheRed

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Scenario from a recent game involving the following cards:

Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ
Twist: KO a Hero from the HQ. Put the highest-\\\ Villain from the city into that HQ space. causes the highest-\\\ Villain into an HQ space. That Villain happens to have a captured Bystander.

Mysterio - Shifting Decoy
Put a card from the Lair [HQ] on the bottom of the Ally [Hero] Deck. If that card had a icon, you get +2 . If that card had an \\\ icon, you get +2 \\\.

We were using Shifting Decoy to place Villains on the bottom of the Hero Deck.

What happens if one of those Villains had a captured Bystander?

Should it go to the Escaped pile?

We played it as the Bystander was removed from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it isn't implicitly stated, but the only time cards cash go back into a deck is if they could be in the deck in the first place, whether by game rule, scheme rule, or something else.

In this case, Invade the Daily Bugle allows Villains to be placed into the Hero Deck, so the villains can go there, but Bystanders are not allowed in there, so given everything else I would say Choose the one that works best for you:

1) KO the bystander as it now has no attachment to anything.

2) whoever returns the villain to the Hero deck rescues the bystander, since the villain has been removed.

I would personally go with the latter thematically because even though you didn't defeat the villain, you removed the bystander from danger.

Just my thought though!

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I seem to remember someone saying if a card can't do something and has nowhere to go, it's KO'd. No idea where I would have read that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
I seem to remember someone saying if a card can't do something and has nowhere to go, it's KO'd. No idea where I would have read that, though.

That's in reference to scheme twists and master strikes being played from the villain deck. Their default is to go into the KO pile unless the mastermind or scheme tells you to do otherwise.

It does work well here as well, but is not clearly defined anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTheRed wrote:

Put a card from the Lair [HQ] on the bottom of the Ally [Hero] Deck.

Is that really the intent? I mean... don't you have other Hero/Allies to pick from? Why pick the villain that is there. I would say if there is a villain in the HQ/Lair then he'd be un-pickable (is that a word?).

Unless your Hero/Ally deck is FULL of villains, the only reason to make that move is to make the Twist less powerful.

Just my thought,
rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike TheRed

Pennsylvania
msg tools
thegreatrudini wrote:
MikeTheRed wrote:

Put a card from the Lair [HQ] on the bottom of the Ally [Hero] Deck.

Is that really the intent? I mean... don't you have other Hero/Allies to pick from? Why pick the villain that is there. I would say if there is a villain in the HQ/Lair then he'd be un-pickable (is that a word?).

Unless your Hero/Ally deck is FULL of villains, the only reason to make that move is to make the Twist less powerful.

Just my thought,
rudy

Many cards (dare I say most?) specifically name "Hero" instead of "card."

I think it's natural to use the ability on non-Heroes in the Lair.

This game has been pretty darn good at using consistent language across expansions so I think it's intentional to allow moving other types of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Shifting Decoy needs an errata. Maybe it should say "Put an Ally card from the Lair on the bottom of the Ally deck.

I think the intent of Shifting Decoy is that Mysterio is creating a decoy of one of his allies in order to help him out either with fighting or recruiting. If he creates a decoy of an adversary... it doesn't seem like that would help him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.