Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on scoring Governor majority points are pretty clear when one player has more Governors in a region than any other player. The example for a tie explains what happens when 3 players each have 1 Governor... but I am not sure if I'm correctly applying that example to another tied situation.

In our game last night, we had a region with 5 Governors. The rulebook does say this is legal, the 4th and 5th simply did not receive rewards such as points, an official, or a movement action.

We had 2 Red, 2 Blue, and 1 Yellow Governor in the region. How many points should each player receive?

Our understanding was that with the number of "most Governors" being 2, the points to split would be [9+3+3=15], and because 2 people had that number of Governors, that 15 points was divided by 2 (round down), so Blue and Red each scored 7 points.

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so...

You only divide the majority value and that's 9 points... then every player scores 3 points for each governor in that region, do in that case it would be: 4+3+3= 10 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are correct, according the example in the rule book. You add up all the points you would get and then divide it by the number of tied players.

Example: Region 4: Red has 1 Governor, Yellow has 1,
and Purple has 1. Each scores 4 VP: (9VP + 3VP)/3.

edit: typo's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
I don't think so...

You only divide the majority value and that's 9 points... then every player scores 3 points for each governor in that region, do in that case it would be: 4+3+3= 10 points

I don't think every player gets points for their Governors... the rules seem to say that only the majority player gets those 3vp (plus the 9vp).

The example is pretty clear that you get (9+3)/3 when 3 players have 1 Governor each, but I'm not certain how that translates to other situations.

I assumed for our 2-2-1 situation that it would be (9+3+3)/2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think you played it correctly. How else could it be?

@Paulo: Your interpretation definitely doesn't match the 2nd example in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... I went to check the rules and you're right...

I went from how I was explained the game yesterday and we scored the governors the way I told you...

But I see that is completely wrong...

Thanks for the clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frahm
United States
Queen Creek
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
sedjtroll wrote:
The rules on scoring Governor majority points are pretty clear when one player has more Governors in a region than any other player. The example for a tie explains what happens when 3 players each have 1 Governor... but I am not sure if I'm correctly applying that example to another tied situation.

In our game last night, we had a region with 5 Governors. The rulebook does say this is legal, the 4th and 5th simply did not receive rewards such as points, an official, or a movement action.

We had 2 Red, 2 Blue, and 1 Yellow Governor in the region. How many points should each player receive?

Our understanding was that with the number of "most Governors" being 2, the points to split would be [9+3+3=15], and because 2 people had that number of Governors, that 15 points was divided by 2 (round down), so Blue and Red each scored 7 points.

Is that correct?

Seth, I played this again last night. Thank you for helping me with a few of the rules during/after playing our first game. I honestly think I taught/played all the rules right this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rulebook was really unclear on this point. The scoring for ties should be explicitly spelled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.