Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ipser
United States
Los Gatos
California
flag msg tools
designer
I finally got a chance to play this game, which I've owned for some time, at the last Kublacon. Absolutely loved it, especially the supply rules which have a very interesting effect on unit dispersion and therefore combat.

One thing struck me as odd. In the particular scenario we played (#15), the Imperial player had an abundence of taxes even after max spring recruitment. It seems that recruitment zones are the limiting factor on raising armies.

The other aspect of this which seemed odd was that it costs to raise an army but not to support one. This is largely the reverse of history but consistent with wargame tradition.

It seems like there would be a natural solution here: expend taxes to support units, not (only) to raise them. Use the recruitment limits to constrain the raising of new armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.