Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
The players were Jean, Trevor, Don and myself. In the first leg, the white camel was five spaces behind everyone else. So Jean was the first one in to bet in the worst camel slot, and I was guessing he put in his white camel card to probably earn the 8 VPs. Don quickly followed on his turn to place a bet on the worst came. Again, it was probably the white camel card, for 5 VPs for guessing second. I figured that worst camel game was over, and could get my bet in and concentrated on getting money for the leg: I correctly predicted the orange camel was going to win the leg, and got $5 for the betting tile.

I was pretty sure the orange camel was going to win the overall race, so I put my orange card on the overall winner. It appeared that Don was guessing white to lose, orange to win as well.

Then something completely unpredictable happened. Don had put his desert tile (-1 movement) near the finish line. The orange camel hit it and suddenly became last. The white camel mounted the blue camel the turn before, and now white was on top!

Remarkable that the camels all stacked on one another just before the game ended.

Everyone else had predicted that white was going to lose, and seeing the camels now, I put my white camel card into the overall winner. White did win, and that meant I was the only one who guessed white correctly which was good for 8 VPs. That seemed to be the deciding factor. Scores: Norbert $22, Don $11, Trevor $11, Jean $7.

The lesson in this game was that the camel finish is fairly unpredicatable. It's generally safer to delay your bets for the overall winner and loser.

We had fun with the game. It's light, and there was laughter, and suprisingly, no jokes about camels being on top of another. It will be interesting to see how this game plays with 7 or 8 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Picked this up on a whim at Barnes and Noble and we've had great fun with it. I hate when people say they wouldn't play it with gamers. It's a fun, light betting game that play quickly. The fact that it's extremely chaotic and swingy is the best part because the whole game really is a gamble and you never know what is going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.