Subject: Chaplain Track - Help!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Love the game but I don't understand the Chaplain track.

When do you use the chaplain chits? When do they get moved to the other boxes and why?

Also a couple of time the game / events said 'move to the right of the chaplain box' not sure what that means!

I would be forever in your debt if you could explain the Chaplain thing to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just start the game with the Chaplin chits piled up in the middle space. If an event says move one right, move it one space right, and vice versa if it says left.

Basically, the effect is to make characters more or less likely to be Chaplin. When Chaplin is revealed, any characters in the right-most space are more likely to actually be Chaplin. The rule book explains the process of doing this (choosing some characters from that right-mist space, and some from the middle, then randomly choosing one).

I hope that helps. It is just from memory, but that is the general gist of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo B-D
Germany
Bielefeld
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordofscones wrote:
Just start the game with the Chaplin chits piled up in the middle space. If an event says move one right, move it one space right, and vice versa if it says left.

All characters starts in the Person-of-Interest-Box, but Reynolds move to the 18B Status at beginning of the Invasion Segment. Take a look at his description.

The Chaplin status is only used, if Chaplin is covered and the event "Eagle has landed" is placed or at the Final Attack.
In the other cases the Chaplin chart is used and the status is ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hey thanks for getting back to me - where in the rule book is the bit where it says move some to the left and some to the right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
buschenfeld wrote:
Hey thanks for getting back to me - where in the rule book is the bit where it says move some to the left and some to the right?

It's not really in the rule book they are the actions you take if certain events occur so they are in the intelligence booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As everyone has mentioned, all characters start in Person of Interest, except Reynolds who moves to 18b at the start of the invasion.

Then Character Event cards can move the characters either left one box or right one box (which box they end up in depends where they are when the instruction happens).

None of this is really important until a specific Character Event card happens (The Eagle has Landed, I think) then you take all characters that are in the 18b box and add in one (or is it two?) randomly from the Person of Interest box, turn these face down and shuffle and randomly pick one - there's your Chaplin.

The characters moving between boxes just helps you keep an eye on who you might want to keep an eye on for when that card kicks things off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
You guys rock. Thanks! (What an amazing game?!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.