BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Mayfair News - Emira Available Now! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mayfair [+] [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
The new exciting game from Mayfair and Phalanx Games! Emira is available now at a store near you!!

Emira is a satirical, historically themed game about desert nobles trying to attract princesses to join their household. The game is also the winner of the 1st place prize at the 16th Game Authors Competition of the Hippodice Spieleclub e.V.!

As a wealthy desert sheikh, you have many needs. Perhaps you need a wise advisor, or a talented cook, or maybe a well-organized housekeeper? Or, maybe you seek the romance of a beautiful companion?

But are you attractive enough to convince the princess to join your house and provide you with the skills you need to achieve your secret goals? Only a lucky or resourceful sheikh can hope to welcome an Emira into his palace. Because in this distant desert land, it is the princess who chooses which palace she will join!

As a desert sheikh, you will need to invest in the lucrative spice trade
to furnish yourelf with the wealth to improve your appearance, enlarge your palace, and expand your status in the kingdom so that the princesses will choose you instead of another sheik. But you will have to mind your funds carefully: these independent and self-confident princesses will not stay if you cannot provide them with the life of comfort that they have come to expect!

For more information on this great new game please visit the product page at:

www.mayfairgames.com

-Nick
Mayfair Games, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carlton
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickcatan wrote:
enlarge your palace

Those palace enlargers are mostly scams.

Not that I would know or anything.

Anyway, this game has gotten good reviews. I'm interested in playing this one soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Yeah, yeah, yeah. There are still those of us waiting on The Downfall of Pompeii, y'know. When's that one being released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickcatan wrote:
The new exciting game from Mayfair and Phalanx Games!

I'll get excited when I can read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Stubbs
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickcatan wrote:
Emira is a satirical, historically themed game about desert nobles trying to attract princesses to join their household.

i.e. Emira is a game about collecting a harem but phrasing things in a way as to not offend anyone.

Lets just call it what it is. Heck, it isn't like I'm not going to buy it anyway cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.