Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielded my Enforcers again today. This time another gaming buddy brought his Contagion rules expansion and the zombies along with his Orx Marauders. We set up a standard game first, his Orx versus my Enforcers. My secret mission was to kill as many of his soldiers as possible. His secret mission turned out to be to kill my troops and to hold some objectives.

The first game was over fairly quickly as I lost to the Orx. His dogs were very quick and got in on my armored enforcers like lightning. I managed to throw a few grenades to hold him off, killing two of his dogs in the process, but only delayed the inevitable. He killed my last model in a large scrum with orx commandos and dogs tearing him to pieces.

The second game was a cooperative one. We set up 8 random objective markers and 4 zombie generators. Our combined mission, using the same forces we'd played in the first game, was to recover at least 6 of the objectives. Zombie generators pumped out zombies at a certain dice roll each turn and the zombies responded to any movement or shooting within 3 spaces of them by moving 1 space toward the disturbance.

The second game was not extremely challenging due to the dice rolls we made for the zombies. They can be real pains when fighting in close combat due to their bonus for horde-ing up. Almost disappointingly, few zombies were generated each turn. By turn 4 we had recovered the 6 items/objectives and decided to go for the remaining 2. That was quickly over as we fought off a sudden wave of zombies that finally decided to show up.

The zombie rules are somewhat interesting but I was a little disappointed that the Plague faction doesn't get to field them as either an offensive team or at least be immune to zombies wanting to attack them. Also because they are randomly generated, you can have easily have a complete wipe-out for one side or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.