Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules say you cannot use two spells to add dice to the same skill check, but am I allow to reduce a combat difficulty by 3 with Swipe and then play another spell to attack? I am mildly confused.

Thanks

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can not. The rule is that you can only play 1 card of each type per step or per check. Swipe, even when only played to reduce the difficulty of a check, is played during the check. So you could not play another Spell on the same check.

RotR Ruelbook p10 wrote:
Each player may play no more than 1 card of each type during each step.

RotR Rulebook p11 wrote:
Remember that each player may not play more than 1 card of each type or activate any 1 power more than once during each check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as Hawkmoon said, two spells may not be played on a check by the same character. That being said, why would you even want to play Swipe to reduce difficulty and a different spell to attack? Swipe's powers let you lower the difficulty AND, if it's your combat check and not someone else's, attack with very good bonus dice. It's one of the best attack spells in the game, actually.

Are you perhaps asking if playing Swipe on someone ELSE'S combat check to reduce the difficulty would prevent THEM from using a spell to attack? The answer to that would be no. Every character may play one of each type of card per check or step of an encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.