Subject: Twilight Struggle, 1989-type strategy games in Vancouver rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Does anybody have meet ups where Twilight Struggle and/or 1989 is played? I would love to play this game with people. I'm not that great though so it'd be cool if there's a variety of opponents. If there isn't, let's make a group? Would be fun to play strategy games like this.

Down to join an existing group or make a new one devoted to strategic games, as opposed to dice games or RPG games. I live in Burnaby but I work in downtown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Twilight Struggle. I've played a couple dozen times, and I'm always up for a game. I own 1989 as well but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Time is always the limiting factor, but send me a PM and we'll set something up. It'd be great to get a group together for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend in Whistler who loves this kind of game. He doesn't use BGG much, but if you PM me I can put you in touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Yay! Piper: unfortunately I don't travel to Whistler much, but I'm down to talk to your friend and see if something can be set up. I'll send you a PM.

David: I sent you a PM. I work Mon-Fri until about 7 PM, so yeah, scheduling will not be easy. But I'm willing to try! I have played 1989 a few times with a friend before he moved away, so I'm familiar with that one, as well as TS.

I'm not particularly good at either game, but would love to join a group where people pair off or something like that? I dunno, maybe that's wishful thinking. I'm not sure how popular this stuff is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bob
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that >2 players on a game of twilight struggle would get confusing. Would they rock paper scissors every time there's a difference of opinion?

Or are you thinking of a room with multiple games going simultaneously? That sounds kind of interesting, but again it's not really necessary for a two player game.

If you're looking for an opponent I live in the lower mainland and am also ... not very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey there Mr. Blob,

Yeah would love to play with you. I'm a bit occupied this christmas holidays, but starting in January I'm going to try and contact people to get some meetups going. Already have a couple of people who are interested, so the more the merrier!!

As for Twilight Struggle, yeah I was just thinking that if people like to play it, why not start something like a chess club where we can meet up together and people can pair off and play 2 player games vs. each other. I'm not sure how appealing this is to everyone, but I like to watch other people play, so that would be really fun for me. Anyway, I will post back here in January when the meetups are happening. For now, I know for sure that at least 2 people are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Okay so now that the holidays are almost over, I was looking at getting a group together for some Twilight Struggle and/or other fun games sometime in early January. If anyone is interested, holler back. A Week night after work is the plan. Twilight Struggle, Chess, and anything else that's deep and interesting is what we're looking to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to Vancouver. I live downtown. I would like to play twilight struggle, but would have to be taught

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleim Nathani
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi Mr. Ess,

Thanks for the message. I would suggest you familiarize yourself win the game in advance. Rule books are posted online and Google can help you find some great illustrated guides on how to play.

That being said, you are more than welcome to join us once I work out a time and place

esswhy wrote:
I just moved to Vancouver. I live downtown. I would like to play twilight struggle, but would have to be taught

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Monticello
Canada
PORT COQUITLAM
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I bought the game but actually never played.

I would like to play with anyone that is willing to teach me, then we can play from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey I just found this thread. Are any of you still meeting to play Twilight Struggle. I discovered this game about a year ago and I'm eager to play. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Donkers
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi Dave I just discovered this thread too! I don't own the game but I'm pretty familiar with it and happy to play sometime. I'm in the Langley area, so getting to Vancouver is a little difficult, but shoot me a message if you want to try to set something up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.