Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note:

I accidentally posted this to the sentinels of the multiverse forum. It was meant for this game.

Wraith's combat stance is imprecise about the timing of her counter-attack. Does it occur before or after the incoming attack? I think she attacks after, but it's not as clear as other cards.

Slip into shadows, for example, is clearer about when the incoming attack is resolved vs her ability.

I suspect the answer I got there is still the right one. She takes the damage first, so if she is incapacitated there is no retaliation attack. Just posting here to confirm.

That said, it's pretty funny that a number of responses were received before I noticed something was up! The nomenclature is so similar between the two it can be hard to tell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there was discussion of this on the GtG forum somewhere, but didn't find it with Google immediately.

The power reads "Whenever an attack is resolved against the Wraith for the first time each turn..." To me, this says that the attack has to be resloved first, i.e., it happens after the incoming attack. Assuming this is right, if she is incapacitated she gets no retaliation, as all her powers go out of play after incapacitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff B.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
That is right, the attack has to resolve, health is reduced, then you respond.

Unlike Baron's redistributor and Tachyon's Synaptic Interruption, which do all their rolls before health is reduced, and all the health from the attack and redirection occur at the same time. Which is fun when the attacker and defender get KO'd at the same time.

We actually had a match end in a tie because of it, that can't happen with Combat stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.