Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: WW2 Game Recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Bowen
msg tools
Looking for a recommendation for a WW2 game for 4-6 people.

Something more advanced than Axis and Allies but not quite 'A World at War' (despite that looking amazing). The most advanced games we've played are probably Game of Thrones and Arkham Horror.

We love diplomacy and deep strategy.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solsumo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 4-6 player WW2 game is tricky.

If you are willing to remove the WW2 requirement then I would recommend Rex: Final Days of an Empire.

If you are willing to remove the 4-6 player requirement then I would recommend Heroes of Normandie.

You could always re-theme Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game. The battlestar would be a cargo vessel or troop ship trying to get to England. The cylon basestars would then be German u-boats.

I do not feel like I have been much help. Good luck finding a new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quartermaster General
Heroes of Normandie only goes to 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seriously, turn off Facebook. You'll be happier.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

I don't think you're going to get diplomacy in a WWII game. The lines are cut and dried in that war.

Consider Here I Stand, which is simply magnificent with six and takes place just a few years prior to World War II. 400 or so. But seriously, it's a killer play for big groups, with more diplomacy and deep strategy than you'll find in any WWII era multiplayer game.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding Here I Stand. It matches all your criteria, except for the WW2 bit.

If you really want a crazy sandbox WW2 game with diplomacy, consider the PC game Hearts of Iron III. I've never played multiplayer, but imagine it would be crazy fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bowen
msg tools
Here I stand looks great, might give that one a go. Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how deep you want your game to be, Flat Top may be worth looking at.

South Pacific, hidden movement. It can accommodate multiple players/side, and works best with a GM. It really shines with multiple boards, but it works fine with a single board, since the game includes tablets for each player to track movement privately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.