Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't appear in the rules but i suppose the value of cities, towns and of-map zones is the black number inside a white circle.
Is that correct?

What about the same kind of numbers in these tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Isakson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct - the black number in the white circle IS the value of a city (or town).

You also need to be aware of the Red Areas and what their values are - they are a bit more complex, since they change depending on phase of the game (pretty much related to the color of tiles available - the first value when the yellows are all you can use, the second when the green tiles become available, and the bottom one when the browns are available).

Also, you need to be aware of Hotels, as they add value if they're your companies hotel - I don't recall the details of the hotels from memory, but I recall it being relatively clear in the rules.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it means the number 10 on yellow tiles? I'm asking because for earnings calculations the tracks don't count at all...
The rules says:
Quote:
The route value is equal to the sum of the values of all Cities, Towns, and Off-Map Areas included in the route

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tamplin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles with a bar or dot are towns, and thus included in the statement you reference. Note that 3E trains do not count towns, but otherwise they are added to the total of the route (and hotels placed on the towns increase the value of that town for the owner of the hotel only).

See the table at the end of 7.2.1, 7.3.2, and 7.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John..I couldn't see those definitions (dots or bar on tiles like towns) in the rules. I saw something at the beginning of table on page 8 about dot on mapboard hex.

7.2.1 says
Quote:
Certain hexes, marked with a Town or City symbol, or with a letter or group of letters, may only have certain tiles placed on them.
...but i can't find which tiles are those...until your answer.

And, it is possible to put those tiles in a map-board hex without a town on it (black dot)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, tiles can only go on like spaces on the map. Hence tiles with large white circles can only go on spaces on the map with same (cities), tiles with 'towns' (the little crossbars, or dots if there's green versions of them) can only go on places with a small black dot, and only plain track can go everywhere else.

Also, as mentioned, tiles with notations on them (X, say), can only go on places on the map with an X.

Clear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very clear, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tamplin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, as shown in the tile manifest on page 12, the yellow dot tiles (3,4,58) may only be placed on map hexes containing a dot. Conversely, the plain yellow tiles (8,9) may only be placed on plain hexes, and the #6 tile may only be placed on normal cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.