Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I get the rules about attacking a village while the war party is away---bad juju. But suppose Custer descends with 15 BPs and a cannon on the Modoc village, and they haven't broken off into a war party. They have 2 BPs and are just sitting 'round the fires, dancing and whatnot. Even with their guerilla capabilities and being in mountains, they fail to evade Custer, so the US attacks at ungodly odds, but only inflict 1 BP damage. The Modoc return fire and also knock off 1 BP from Custer. Rule 7.41 says "All multiple BP losses are treated as devastation losses..." Rule 7.4 is about Attacking Villages, but specifically those with NO BPs. 7.55 is also about attacks on Villages with no BPs. But what about an attack on a Village with its full complement (in this case, of 2 BPs), and it takes "1 hit." In this case, the village didn't take any hits :in excess of one" (7.41), so how do I mark the loss--little band-aid counters? Or ar they ignored? The latter would seem logical, except there's a Shaman card, Texas Rangers, that forces a die roll on a village, which can result in the loss of One BP. Again I may be missing something--lke a -1 counter in the mix, but so far I don't see it. You folks answered my first question on this game in about 12 hours, and I do appreciate it very much. If you can help me here, I will be equally grateful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The BP lost is taken from the Village, so in your example the Modoc would drop to 1 BP remaining. If you inflicted greater damage, the additional BPs would instead be Devastation points. For example, if you inflicted 3 BPs of damage, the Modoc would still be left with 1 BP but would also have a Devastation -2 added.

In your example, if the Village was empty of BPs, the 1 BP loss would instead be a Devastation -1 marker.

I hope this helps to answer your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve--it does answer my question, but are there no counters to indicate lost tribal BC's? There are devastation markers, so I was wondering why there weren't a way to indicate a reduced tribe's BC level. Inverting it wouldn't work--that indicates it's "finished".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile, but aren't the BPs on the board with each tribe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Yep--there are Indian BP markers--I just didn't think they were placed on the board unless a card called for it; guess I was wrong. The videos look informative, but I'm only trying the campaign game, and those only depict the basic game. I'm pretty lost as to what is placed on map and what isn't. Example--In campaign game, do ALL the tribes drawn by Indian player(s) get placed on board (like the Basic game set-up? Or do you only place them as they get "activated"? I played a Rampage card for Apaches last night---does the tribe counter, the chief of the Mimbres (turn 1), the War Party counter, AND the # of BPs I want to allocate to the war party all go on board? If so, do I designate (somehow?) that the tribe is left with a deficit of forces? When attacking "adjacent areas", does the corner-to-corner touch of those 2 box states count as adjacent? I just have a lot of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roger cox wrote:
Yep--there are Indian BP markers--I just didn't think they were placed on the board unless a card called for it; guess I was wrong. The videos look informative, but I'm only trying the campaign game, and those only depict the basic game. I'm pretty lost as to what is placed on map and what isn't. Example--In campaign game, do ALL the tribes drawn by Indian player(s) get placed on board (like the Basic game set-up? Or do you only place them as they get "activated"? I played a Rampage card for Apaches last night---does the tribe counter, the chief of the Mimbres (turn 1), the War Party counter, AND the # of BPs I want to allocate to the war party all go on board? If so, do I designate (somehow?) that the tribe is left with a deficit of forces? When attacking "adjacent areas", does the corner-to-corner touch of those 2 box states count as adjacent? I just have a lot of questions.

Per the Campaign Game setup, all villages start on the board in the areas noted on their card.

Per The General 30-6, the diagonal contact at the Four Corners is considered adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.