Popular Tags: Why_support_BGG [+] [View All]
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall coming across accusations in the fora previously that the necessity of the support drive has in the past been stated in a hyperbolic or inaccurate manner. Was that just hogwash or no? This post is nothing more than curiosity and soliciting info so I can be better informed. I would rather directly ask than go on wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a single word in Aldie's post about why the support drive is necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
I don't see a single word in Aldie's post about why the support drive is necessary.

He does, but in an ambiguous way.

Aldie wrote:

It has been your support, financial and otherwise, that has allowed this site to become what it is today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:

The posts I mentioned referred to previous year's drives. There's one definitive statement in this year's drive that ad revenue neither meets nor exceeds costs. Not sure about prior years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.