Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The conduit puzzle (pipes) includes two "end" pieces that close off a pipe. We had a game where a player was able to complete his conduit puzzle but had these two end pieces connected to each other floating in the middle of the puzzle. I thought this should be illegal, to just have a two-piece section of pipe floating in the middle of the puzzle field but the rulebook makes no mention of it (we ended up taking a vote and it was allowed). My interpretation, though, is that each pipe piece needs to be traced off the board to be legal. Does anyone know of an official ruling on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like fair game to me. There were no open ends to pipes, and all required pieces were used, so it's valid.

Did you check if there even is another solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
It sounds like fair game to me. There were no open ends to pipes, and all required pieces were used, so it's valid.

Did you check if there even is another solution?

I didn't, no. Wasn't given the chance. We just took a vote and moved on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of this today and had the same question. This solution follows the letter of the rules, but I wonder if it is the intent that all conduits must connect to the edge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.