Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my book Crokinole is fantastic and worth sacrificing a couple of games for. Rampage is simply Crokinole, plus a lot of fidliness. I played Rampage 3 times and never want to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sawler
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Coconuts. Great for children and adults. If you're looking for a game where you flick pieces, Catacombs second edition is out probably the beginning of next year. Sorry Sliders is cheap and easy to find. Tok Tok Woodsman is a better version of Jenga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´d suggest Safranito because it has more than just dexterity (also some strategy and bluffing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Dungeon Fighter is a great game that puts a nice spin on dexterity games by making the game cooperative. Plus it's fun to bounce the dice off the table (even though I now know you only have to roll it onto the target).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a 2-player game might I suggest Cube Quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
You could try Catacombs, or someone might be looking to off load their copy of Maximum Throwdown that came in the AEG black box this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always look for an American Carrom board. Same use as (plus more!) Crokinole and typically cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Safranito, Dungeon Fighter and Cube Quest are all excellent suggestions for things that have a little more 'game' to them than just the dexterity aspect.

I played half a game of Rampage and was not at all sad about being forced to stop by outside circumstances. Setting up the board was fun, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Click Clack Lumberjack or Coconuts orLoopin' Louie

i wouldn't go for Safranito.
I am a big dexterity fan .
Also pretty good is Cairo but that probably is harder to find.

Like the others have stated Crokinole is a classic but well out of your budget
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For dexterity games in general, my first recommendations would be Hamsterrolle or Ascending Empires. Hamsterrolle is easy to explain, has a bit of strategy, but is mostly about steady hands. Ascending Empires is a 4X space exploration game with flicking: it works much better than it sounds. It is hard to find at this point, though: Z-Man is trying to come up with a way to reprint that doesn't require the problematic board.

Another fun flicking game is Disc Duelers: there isn't the resource management of Ascending Empires, but each disk has special powers, and there are rules for equipment and other such options.

Honorable Mentions:
Tossing things for accuracy: Diceland: Deep White Sea. A wargame with movement, healing, attacks, and command elements. Oh, and you toss the octohedral combatants onto the field.
Tiddlywinks: Micro Mutants: Evolution. Another wargame, this time with production and resource management. And tiddlywinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dusty boy
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
+ 1 for Disc Duelers
Just beware, the game is all about knocking your opponents discs off the table so you'll spend a whole lot of time searching under furniture for lost discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bausack aka Bandu.

Trust me when I say this IS the only dexterity game you NEED!

This gets more table time than my gateway games. Think of it as Jenga on crack. Please go look at some images and be amazed.

I own 2 normal copies, and Black noir set, but you don't even need to do any of that. Buy one set, then add wooden pieces from around your house like clothes pins or door stops, etc. Or make your own pieces.

Just check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did I mention how insanely fun this game can be?

Trying to add on that last impossible wooden piece is gut wrenching. It is even more remarkable when you pull it off.

This game really tests your architectural ability.

Sometimes I bring it to parties. Quite funny with alcohol.

Kids love it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have many dexterity games ... Riff Raff is my favourite

when I'm not playing crokinole ...

Ascending Empires is great too but it is more a board game and less a dexterity game.

Bausack isn't really game at all IMO ... But more an activity.

edit Tumblin-Dice is worthy of mention (below) too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tumblin-Dice has been a hit with everyone I've ever showed it to. Works for kids, works for grownups. Fast and fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.