Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd share the home rule we've been playing with lately. After claiming a face-up Produce Order, the player draws three cards from the Produce Order deck. The player adds one of them to the display, may add one to his hand, then places the remaining cards on the bottom of the draw deck.

I like how it allows for a more informed choice and for me that makes this part of the game a more interesting decision point. I've tried this out in two 4-player games so far with people who've played with the standard rules multiple times and everyone has liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see this making the game feel more enjoyable since it allows for a better decision in terms of getting something that will more likely convert to points. My concern is that there are four ways to get points: Completing the starting order, completing in-game orders, selling goods in villages, and getting the "most popular vendor" tiles. This variant seems to offer a notable advantage to players who focus more on the in-game orders. Granted, all players will likely work towards these to some degree, but assuming the other strategies are somewhat balanced under the original rules, this could throw the game off a bit. Still, I like the the idea simply because it makes teaching the order-fulfillment process slightly less confusing. I guess to make it closer to the original rules but slightly friendlier you could just use your variant with two cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.