1 Posts

Ancient Terrible Things» Forums » Variants

Subject: solo/co-op varient rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil May
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I think this is a great game which plays very similar to Elder Sign but without solitaire rules. So I came up with my own.
The idea is to beat the game itself by playing through the encounter deck before the last token on the expedition track has been collected.
You always play with all encounter cards and with a full expedition track. It's that simple.
Feat cards that steal tokens from other players can be played in order to aid a player on a tricky encounter or should be ditched by visiting the Ghastly Gorge.
At the end of the game all players combine their ancient secrets (minus all terrible things collected) and minus the ancient secret points for each remaining encounter card in the deck or in play should the game be lost by the expedition track. Record your top score and try to beat it.
To increase difficulty reduce the number of ancient terrible things on setup, introduce more characters to prevent resource and achievement stacking or remove achievements from the game altogether.
I've only played this way once with all characters and was 3 cards away from winning so I think it will work but will test it a few more times. I'll be interested in anyones opinions of this variant and how anyone fared trying it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.