Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Levée en Masse» Forums » General

Subject: where did the IOS app go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to have the Levee en masse app, and went to reinstall it and its gone. Anyone know how to get it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
I used to have the Levee en masse app, and went to reinstall it and its gone. Anyone know how to get it?


VPG has stopped their in house app development, which could be the reason that the app has been pulled.

Did you happen to sync an iOS device that had the game installed with iTunes on a computer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mills
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you purchased the app in the past you can usually redownload it even if it is removed from the App Store, see: http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht2519
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
millsyboy wrote:
If you purchased the app in the past you can usually redownload it even if it is removed from the App Store, see: http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht2519


Great, I didn't know that. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Acu
United States
Gilroy
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can still redownload the game, but it no longer loads on my ipad. Sad.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkholmme wrote:
I can still redownload the game, but it no longer loads on my ipad. Sad.
Do you have it on an iPhone?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was available to redownload from my purchases, but the app does not appear to be for sale any longer
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Dave
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appear to have re downloaded but when I touch the icon to open it, all I get is a black screen. Does anyone else have that problem?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent checked, but probably a conflict with an IOS version you have.
Since the game is no longer for sale, there probably will be no support on this.

Only option would be to revert to the old IOS version you had before, but that will cause issues I am sure with other apps not working

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard McIntyre
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
I have the same problem upgraded to an IPad Air 2 and it won't load play except as a blank screen. Sold my old IPad. Shame I did enjoy playing this one on IOS.

Will it be available again sometime I can only hope.

At least I have Zulus on the Ramparts IOS still working.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same situation on Android.

Levee en Masse and Zulus on the Ramparts are removed from the Google Play Store.
Interesting thing: Other apps by Victory Point Games are still there!

I hope I can still install LeM and ZotR... :-/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Almecho wrote:
Same situation on Android.

Levee en Masse and Zulus on the Ramparts are removed from the Google Play Store.
Interesting thing: Other apps by Victory Point Games are still there!

I hope I can still install LeM and ZotR... :-/
Hmmm...that's interesting, I have the Zulu APP. Hope I don't lose it if I switch phones?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are on my tablet - but both crash when I try to start them.

I assume they are not ART compatible and since I'm running Android 5+ on my devices, I cannot play them anymore...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I boughted some months ago. But now the game is blocked, I can't play it any more. I have it on my iphone & ipad, but it doesn't work.

Apple sould not allow companies, to stop work paid apps ones you have bought them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beatrix wrote:
I boughted some months ago. But now the game is blocked, I can't play it any more. I have it on my iphone & ipad, but it doesn't work.

Apple sould not allow companies, to stop work paid apps ones you have bought them.


Have you've updated iOS since the last time you played the game? As far as I know the game is not compatible with the latest versions of iOS.
1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Edwards
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
“The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this explanation from VPG, dated over a year ago:
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/levee-en-masse-ma...

I emailed "The Little Game Company That Could", and got this response:

"We have currently removed the app games from sale, due to our not being able to continue with updates and other functions at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
beatrix wrote:
I boughted some months ago. But now the game is blocked, I can't play it any more. I have it on my iphone & ipad, but it doesn't work.

Apple sould not allow companies, to stop work paid apps ones you have bought them.


Have you've updated iOS since the last time you played the game? As far as I know the game is not compatible with the latest versions of iOS.


I've just seen, that in the old device (ios6), it still work. I'll use it again to play it. Thanks Morten!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beatrix wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
beatrix wrote:
I boughted some months ago. But now the game is blocked, I can't play it any more. I have it on my iphone & ipad, but it doesn't work.

Apple sould not allow companies, to stop work paid apps ones you have bought them.


Have you've updated iOS since the last time you played the game? As far as I know the game is not compatible with the latest versions of iOS.


I've just seen, that in the old device (ios6), it still work. I'll use it again to play it. Thanks Morten!


I'm happy to hear that. I enjoyed the Levee app quite a bit when I played it 2 or 3 years ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily, when I decided to upgrade from a Galaxy S2 to an S4, I decided to keep the S2 as a portable gaming device, rather than get rid of it. That at least allows me to continue playing the VPG games...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having the same issue. The response from VPG is infuriating.

"We have your money, and you don't have a game anymore. Sorry for any inconvenience."

The perils of digital distribution, I guess.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not party to the details, but I do know that VPG put a lot of time, effort, and money onto their digital games (emphasis on money), but never even came close to breaking even.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is an old thread, but I just bought Zulus on the ramparts physical board game and was looking for the iOS version.

Hopefully with the resurgence of board games in the mass media, perhaps VPG may reconsider bringing the app back?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the bright side, they are bringing out Dawn of the Zeds with an assist from, I believe, Hunted Cow, so there might come a day when Zulu and Levee get a face lift..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the Zulu app...and quite frankly, I prefer to use the board and cards, etc. It doesn't take up much space, is easily portable and just looks better to me...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
I've got the Zulu app...and quite frankly, I prefer to use the board and cards, etc. It doesn't take up much space, is easily portable and just looks better to me...


I had the Levee app, and the ZotR app. To be honest, I much prefer rolling the dice myself, touching real pieces and cards, and seeing how a game works in 3D.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.