Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uncucumbered/espn_r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intelligence is not incongruent with irrational thought. When one makes the decision that a holy book written millennia ago is the indisputable word of a higher power, then all matters of incongruities can arise. shake

I for one am mildly surprised that the fundamentalists in the US have not taken their literalist interpretations and reinstated the heinous punishments found throughout the bible for various transgressions found trifling today. But then again, fundamentalists pick and choose from the bible as much as they accuse modernists of doing. They happen to do the same with science, picking and choosing what results from the rigorous use of the scientific method are acceptable. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Virtually guaranteed this will end up in RSP. How is it connected to ASL btw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:

Because Curt Schilling, owner of MMP, is the antagonist of the story. A tenuous connection at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Anyway. I've never played ASL and don't want to invest tons of either time and money to try it out but it's a classic and so I would like to try it. Is there a compact set with a tractable rules set etc which would allow me to play at least a few scenarios without spending more than I would on another game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I should have posted in AWOL I suppose, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Interesting.

Anyway. I've never played ASL and don't want to invest tons of either time and money to try it out but it's a classic and so I would like to try it. Is there a compact set with a tractable rules set etc which would allow me to play at least a few scenarios without spending more than I would on another game?

Full ASL? Short answer: No.

You might be able to get some ASL guru to show you some things over VASSAL or you could pick up one of the Starter Kits to get the basic idea. Though the rules are different from full ASL in ways I can't explain as I have not played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Macc
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Interesting.

You could look into ASLK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
whac3 wrote:

Because Curt Schilling, owner of MMP, is the antagonist of the story. A tenuous connection at best.

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
We have a designated Religions, Sex, and Politics forum. Posting on those topics elsewhere is a violation of site rules. This thread has been locked.

We ask that you use the icon when you see these kinds of comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.