United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.
Couple of quick questions.
Any help would be great.

Firstly do lance hits pass through shields or if they hit do they damage shields first.
This leads to the second.
since blast markers are placed as they are generated does that mean that if one ship fires its lances and generates a blast marker on a target will its batteries suffer the negative effects of shooting through a blast marker?.
Or is this only intended for other ships that target the same ship firing through blast markers.

Thx all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

No, lance hits dos not pass through shields. A lance hit on a ship with shields will knock one shield down and generate a blast marker.

Quote:
since blast markers are placed as they are generated does that mean that if one ship fires its lances and generates a blast marker on a target will its batteries suffer the negative effects of shooting through a blast marker?.

Yes, that's correct. The lesson here is: Fire batteries first to knock down shields. Lance fire is unaffected by blast markers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh
Never even knew that.
I assumed that as it was in the order printed you had to fire lances first then batteries.
Also never knew blast markers don't effect lance fire.
Trouble is I suffer from ruleskimitis.
I tend to wiz through the rules and miss things.
Silly I know as it is quite a nice rule book.
I'm assuming then that you cannot roll all hits together warhammer style?.
Still loving this game just looks so nice on the table.
There are not many games that handle whole fleet engagements with such elegance.
Damage etc is a little basic but that's the price you pay for a fleet battle you can lnock out in a few hours rather than a few days.
Thx buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.