marco guerra

Texas
msg tools
I'm looking to come up with King under the mountain/Dragon slaying solo variant to the Middle Earth Ccg. If anyone has any ideas they could add to this please feel free to post. I'm currently only using METW and METD cards because I feel it brings out the theme more. I would like to lay out all the nine dragon cards and their corresponding sites above the map (play area) along with a loot/treasure deck. Every time a company explores one of these sites they automatically face the dragon there and not the automatic attack as per the normal rules. In this case lets says they visit 'Gold Hill' and defeat 'Itangast' there they get to look through the top four cards of the loot/treasure deck and may take any one card(return the rest and reshuffle deck). You may run around middle earth recruiting various dwarf factions which give a bonus to your companies attacks (lets say -2 prowess/-1 body of a dragon attack per dwarf faction). Also killing any drakes or previous dragons gives an additional bonus to a dragon attack as a heroic symbol(maybe -1 prowess per drake kill and -2 prowess per dragon kill). I'm not to sure on the objective of the game or how many rounds it should run so that's why I've chosen to come here and post for some suggestions (maybe by finding and storing the Arkenstone/playing King under the mountain. I'm not even sure if anyone still plays this game but I'd like to eventually try and maybe you tube video out of this and maybe some other Solo scenarios. Anyways please post any information that you would think might be helpful. Thanks

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bordelon
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest. 5 MP. Extract from everywhere Bombur and King under the Mountain. Place them aside, face-up. The lot is put on auction, paid (discard) in MP currency from the players’ MP pile. Highest bidder takes them to hand. Bombur can play King under the Mountain. Quest success if your Bombur is King under the Mountain.
Quest. 4 MP. Deal randomly a Dragon to each player. Extract from everywhere Balin. Place him aside, face-up. He is put on auction, paid (discard) in MP currency from the players’ MP pile. Highest bidder takes him to hand. Players place a Dragon face-down under a site, with a Dummy under another. Quest success if your Balin gets a Dragon-slayer badge then plays an item at Moria.
Quest. 6 MP. The first Avatar to play an item at each of the 4 Dragon lairs of the region Withered Heath succeeds. As a reward, aside the 6 MP, choose up to 4 Hoard items from all discard piles and take them to hand. They can be played at all other Dragon lairs (Ovir Hollow, Gondmaeglom, The Lonely Mountain…).
Quest. 4 MP. Extract from everywhere 6 Dragon creatures. Place them aside, face-up, usable by all players, as if from hand but stays aside. At each killed Dragon, a survivor gains the Dragon-slayer badge (+1 DI and against Dragons: +1 prowess, +1 DI). Quest success if your Avatar defeats 2 Dragons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.