Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lieske
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this seems like a really dumb question. My opponent and I have played lots of CDG's before, but this one is a little different.

What exactly is a round in the Campaign Phase? Or another way of asking, when can events be played in the Campaign Phase? We played that either player could play a Campaign event at any time during the phase, regardless of whose turn it was. For each of the six "rounds" of the campaign phase, a player could discard a card to move an army, pass, or play a Major Campaign (and up to three more cards) to move an army.

Or in other words, you don't need to use your "round" to play an event, except for Major Campaign.

Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It is a little different. Why do like all the others? I'd argue that the game is more card-assisted than card-driven, but it's all semantics.

A round is an opportunity to move. There are 6 opportunities to move per full annual turn. A round is not defined by card play. Depending on the situation, a player may play no card or several cards in a round. All that matters is: 1) is a card required to move? and 2) is a card played for its event playable in the ongoing phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lieske
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation. We have been enjoying the game. We just wanted to be sure that we were playing correctly.

And yes, vive la difference!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.