Popular Tags: [View All]
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When making decisions for events, which is done in reverse player order, is it done to the new player order, or the order during the current round before the change? If the latter, why isn't "change player order" done after events? I ask because the "change player order" phase states that you are setting the player order for the next round. Also, some events affect player order and it seems that player order change should come after the event so you know to apply that effect from the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nations FAQ states that for most events the reordering comes after the new player order has been determined. Consult the FAQ about individual cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that the events are done in the new Player Order because the events are resolved after the new player order is set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
It is in this order because we wanted it to be something you could see at the start of the round and fight for, not be stuck with prioritizations you made last round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been playing wrong, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Join the Board Game Development Club, see behind the scenes, participate in development, add the games you are working on
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

The order in the rules is the intended one, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A clarification was needed for this based on the online implementation at mabiweb:

The turn order is changed immediately when you reach this step in the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RustanR wrote:
A clarification was needed for this based on the online implementation at mabiweb:

So to be clear, you first make the changes to player order and then do then resolve the Event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
RustanR wrote:

So to be clear, you first make the changes to player order and then do then resolve the Event?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

So I was playing right after all :-P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

So I was playing right after all :-P

Sorry if I was unclear previously, I tried to state things clearly but I see it can be misread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.