Subject: Another minus card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F. Zoltán .Varga
Hungary
Diósdliget
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a turtle stack moved back from the first field to the start field by minus card, have to I separate them or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Pong IP
Hong Kong
Lai Chi Kok
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ef__ wrote:
After a turtle stack moved back from the first field to the start field by minus card, have to I separate them or no?

That is not explained clearly in the rule. When the turtle stack moved back to the start field, I play it without separating the turtles nor stacking in on any of the remaining turtles at the start field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Braut
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you say it is not stated in the rule and we actually do it opposite of you. When a stack is moved back to the start field we do separate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
We let the player moving the stack back decide whether to separate them or to keep them stacked.

So now we have all three variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just noticed this ambiguity as well, in the Polish version. The Polish rules also don't clearly state what happens if a turtle moving backwards enters a space with more than one turtle (which could only be the Start space). We were thinking perhaps you pick which turtle you'll stack onto, since the rules do clearly say you should stack onto a turtle if there's one in the space you move to.

That then made us realize that the Polish rules don't even explicitly state that the turtles start separately instead of in one big (random) stack in the Start space!

The English translation in the files section has the sentence "The board is placed in the middle and all 5 wooden turtles are placed individually on the Start space." Does the German version also specify "individually"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just met Reiner Knizia in Essen and asked him about this. He said that turtles in the start space are always separate, not stacked, and a turtle moving backwards into the start space does not stack onto any turtles there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.