Popular Tags: [View All]
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea what this game is about, but on seeing it on a GeekList I thought: "what's with the (DBA) in the title?"

So: what's with the '(DBA)' in the title? Is Ticket to Ride gonna be "Ticket to Ride (TtR)" soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Peters
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Admitted, the (DBA) should not be in the title. But of the players of the DBx series, noone says 'De Bellis [Antiquitatis|Multitudinis|Renationis]' but 'DBA|DBM|DBR'. At least I don't know a single player of these games who uses the full name. As opposed to Ticket to Ride, where I know only one single player (who for a long time mostly played games on BSW) who would use TtR in spoken language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brooks
Scotland
Stirling
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, in fact I'd go as far as to suggest that there are plenty of wargamers out there who have never heard of the full names of De Bellis Antiquitatis or De Bellis Multitudinis. Many folk will be aware of the games only as DBA or DBM. I think it makes sence to have the abbreviation in the title for the purposes of searches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. People say "Let's play some DBA"?

Still: a lot of titles get abbreviated in spoken or written language; none of those have that as the BGG title. And DBM & DBR don't have the weird abbreviation in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Pruitt
United States
waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:

Yes they do...

And if you are wise your response will be gulpyuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gpruitt wrote:
BaSL wrote:

Yes they do...

And if you are wise your response will be gulpyuk

You mean, if you are 'witless'?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.