Figo 3434
msg tools
According to FAQ 1.35, a card "entering" the staging area could, among other possibilities, be returned from engaged with a player.

Fresh tracks deals 1 damage to an enemy after it has been "added" to the staging area.

Is "entering" the same as "adding" (or "placing"), meaning you could play Fresh tracks on a formerly engaged enemy that is returned to the staging area because of e.g. a shadow effect or A light in the dark?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes.

The justification for answering, "Yes", is at the bottom of pg 9, of the FAQ v1.6.

You referenced para 1.35, which in part reads, "Enters the staging area is a term that applies to a card (enemy, location, objective, etc) that is placed in the staging area".

The bold emphasis is mine, and is important when reading the question/answer on the bottom of Page 9:

Q: What is the difference between “adding” a card to the staging area versus “placing” a card in the staging area?

A: There is no difference between “adding” a card to the staging area versus “placing” a card in the staging area. These words are used interchangeably and mean the same thing in all instances.

So the answer to your question is, "Yes"... in my opinion based on my interpretation of the above FAQ references.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Figo 3434
msg tools
2 other questions about Fresh tracks.
The quest cards 3A in The Nin-in-Eilph read:

1. "When Revealed: (...) Add Ancient Marsh-dweller to the staging area (from out of play or engaged with a player) and heal all damage from it."

If you trigger Fresh tracks here, what is the exact sequence? Is the damage dealt or lost?

2. If Ancient Marsh-dweller already is in the staging area (an option not mentioned by the quest card), I guess you can't play Fresh tracks, because the enemy is not in fact added to the staging area, although the quest card says so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Huntley
msg tools
1. You don't interrupt the sentence to play your Response, so the correct order is to add the Marsh-Dweller to the staging area, heal all damage from it, and then a window opens up to play your Response.

Note that if the card said for instance

"Add Ancient Marsh-dweller to the staging area (from out of play or engaged with a player. Heal all damage from Ancient Marsh-dweller."

then the Response would be available after the first sentence, and therefore the damage dealt would be healed immediately after.

Source: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/235730-ffg-ru...

2. Correct, if you are told to move a card somewhere where it already is, it does not count as having moved there. Unfortunately the second part of the sentence would still trigger and the marsh-dweller would heal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.