Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

Welcome to the 24 hour contest December 2014
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got a supporter!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

In December, a few days before Christmas, there is winter's solstice. That's why this month's requirement is

Solstice

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

If you could please do me a favour and present your game along with a short description in your posting. That would make some geeklist entries easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was going to be Christmas. I hope we get some more interest this month. The beard scared people away. Come on everyone, you can do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't the beard scaring me away, it was a literal lack of time. I had way to much going on in November this year.

Of course, December is looking to be super busy too.

Not sure what I'd do for a game about the Solstice. After all, that's the holiday I celebrate this time of year... so how to deal with that tactfully... perhaps the Holly King vs. the Oak King? Winter vs. Summer? Hmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Nights Grow Long
2 Players
45 minutes

The Nights Grow Long is a 2 player game in which players’ battle as the forces of light and darkness over 7 months (rounds) from one solstice to the other solstice. The player that can successfully destroy 2 of the other player’s spawn points first will be declared the victor.

Game Files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-DhO0lGdRf6QVE5cTNL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of days left ... will we have a winner per default?

Kind regards,
Kai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario López Menés
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Free P&P: app.box.com/naginata
badge
I have nothing to say
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had no time to invest 24 hours on this. And Solstice was a GREAT theme, I had many ideas that could have been turned into a game shake

On January I'll be free, finishing all my exams. I'll prolly participate then, on January's last week. I'm really looking forward to have this experience, sounds great to develop a full game in just 24 intense hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've had a severe lack of time this winter... so I'm not going to get anything in before next year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget about me. I started a few hours ago, then had to leave the house to celebrate the new year. I will have something on time. I did say I would do every contest this year. Some topics were very tough. Maybe easier topics will get more participants next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the list of those who just ran out of time this month. I had to push the dexterity contest's end date back a month because December is such a busy time for most people. I'm not sure how many times I will participate in 2015 because it will be a busy year doing the following:

1) Finish Chaos Tactics by the end of next month

2) Revisit the many games I designed in 2014 for various contests including the 24 Hour games

3) Participate in the 2015 Solitaire and 2 Player Contest(I may end up hosting this one)

4) Possibly participate in some other reoccurring contests

5) Welcome our second child into the world in June

So if a theme really catches my eye and I have time, I'll try to participate. I would like to thank Kai for keeping this contest running and the other designers for creating some great games. Have a great new year everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
disom wrote:

Just wanted to pop in here and say congrats! We are also expecting a second child in June but I'm only hoping to enter one or two contests between now and then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel J Isom
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
badge
I have to return some videotapes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelzky wrote:
disom wrote:

Just wanted to pop in here and say congrats! We are also expecting a second child in June but I'm only hoping to enter one or two contests between now and then!

Congratulations to you as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to both of you, indeed!

That is really going to be a happy new year for both of you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Barry
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
huh? is that the date? nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours 20 mins left to enter;

Hacko: 14 hours 20 mins left to finish present your entry here!

Happy new year, everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suns

2-6 players
30 minutes
Ages 6+

54 cards (18 different suns, 9 different colored cards)

Suns is a set collecting game with multiple scoring options. You can play sets for points but holding out can make things more interesting.

Setup:
Whoever is the hottest goes first. The person to the right of the starting player is the dealer. The dealer deals 3 cards to each player and places the remaining cards in a pile in the center. Flip the same number of carder face up in a row next to the draw pile equal to the number of player in the game.

Play:
The starting player announces to everyone to place a card face up in front of them. These cards will become the next cards in the discard pile. The starting player chooses one card from the draw deck and one card from the face up cards. Play will continue until everyone goes and all the face cards are gone that were next to the draw pile. The person to the left of the starting player will be the next starting player. They will move the cards in front of each player to the row next to the draw player. The starting player will announce to place any sets of three in front of them. This is the only time to place a set(at the end of each round).

Play will continue like this until all the cards are gone or there is not enough cards for each player to draw one. That will be the final round and final round ends with placing one final set.

* You make only place one set per round. (don't wait too long)

You may only score once per set.

Scoring:
Set A: 3 of the same color (more than 3 suns) 1pt
Set B: 3 of the same color (only 3 suns) 3pt
Set C: 3 small suns exactly the same 1pt
Set D: 3 medium suns exactly the same 2pt
Set E: 3 large suns exactly the same 3pt
Set F: 3 suns that are the same(small, medium, large)5pts

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qflna6qz4xx1oe8/sun%20game%20cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Hackwelder
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time.
I wish I had more of it. I spent 8 hours making the suns. Longer than I thought. I wanted to add something to make the game a little unique. Knowing the next draw cards is the kicker, but is it enough? I need to test. I am excited to play and develop it more.

Thanks for this contest.
Hack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mnkr gamer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very interesting contest. I will be attentive the next monthly contest.

I see that the level is high, seeing the Suns and the other games presented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Voting List is online:

24 hour contest - December 2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.