Subject: Two additional parties for PBEM/Dropbox Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm not in one right now, so I'm on board. Do you have much experience with Maria PBEM? I've found that Dropbox isn't worth the while if you're using email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played it again at bgg.con, would love to play it. Does it work well in obl/vassal format though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Kosarev
Russia
Lyubertsy
Moscovskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!
I'd like to know, how do you play this game as PBEM, particularly battles - when 2 players play cards alternating - there are likely so many interactions(= waits).
Don't you use some special home rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
macrergate wrote:
Hi!
I'd like to know, how do you play this game as PBEM, particularly battles - when 2 players play cards alternating - there are likely so many interactions(= waits).
Don't you use some special home rules?

It doesn't work as badly as you might think PBEM (I quite like it as a PBEM game). I usually combine certain things, like the Prussian and Pragmatic movements, into one file, and there are things that can be done slightly out of order, like political card play (depending on the cards out). Battles can still be done by email--the format I've used is that people announce cards with, for example, "8 of spades, 28 (+8)," with the number in parentheses being the number that person is leading by. For battles, you can write down your hand (on a mobile device, for example) so you can play a battle card while not at the computer. If there's anything specific you'd like addressed, I'll happily give some tips. My games that didn't stall have ranged anywhere from just over half a month to a month and a half, btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Kosarev
Russia
Lyubertsy
Moscovskaya oblast
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, Max.
I should certainly play this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.