Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Kennedy
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, these could have been answered already and maybe I just haven't seen them, but I'm going to ask them anyway.

1. When you get red seats. When do you get to spend them for seats in the meeting room. How EXACTLY does that work. I wasn't that clear reading the rules about that.

2. Can you use an upgraded tile to acquire a car for your garage, and if so, do you still get to get credit for that upgraded part for end of week scoring, and if so, how do you keep track of which one you did if you have to return it to the bottom of the design deck?

These could be really dumb questions, but those are the only things I wasn't sure about when I played a dummy game with myself.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All red seats that can be turned in for seats at the table must be as soon as possible except during a meeting. You only keep red seats if you are maxed out on table seats.

2. No, you cannot use upgraded designs to claim cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get a red seat, you instantly trade it in for a seat at the table.
If you already have all your seats at the table, you keep the red seat on your player board instead.

Then, after a meeting, you must immediately discard any red seats on your player board to gain new seats ready for the next meeting. This isn't a bad thing, since seats at the table is what you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
If you already have all your seats at the table, you keep the red seat on your player board instead.

Then, after a meeting, you must immediately discard any red seats on your player board to gain new seats ready for the next meeting. This isn't a bad thing, since seats at the table is what you want!

when you unlock your 5th seat, can you immediately trade in a red chair?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

That's the way I'd rule it, even if that isn't in the book. Otherwise, when else would you do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

That's the way I'd rule it, even if that isn't in the book. Otherwise, when else would you do it

when you get another red chair or after the next meeting.

also, on the note of seats, when you score card #32 (seats around the table), does this only count seats that you have around the table left to spend, or is it how many seats you started the meeting with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
also, on the note of seats, when you score card #32 (seats around the table), does this only count seats that you have around the table left to spend, or is it how many seats you started the meeting with?

Only seats left at the table, not including the one you used to score it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

Only seats left at the table, not including the one you used to score it.

that is what i assumed. Makes it weird as you need to go there with an early seat to score it fully
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Card 32 - only the ones still around the table. The card can give you until 9pp.

You can exchange red seats for seats at the table at any time except during meetings.
So, if get the certification that unlocks one more space for seats at the table, and you have a red seat laying in your board, you may immediately exchange it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
that is what i assumed. Makes it weird as you need to go there with an early seat to score it fully
I thought that too, but its actually the case with all the other goals, because if you don't go there early, someone else will! But yeah, I see what you mean, and this one did throw me at first, but it came out as one of the initial goals in our last game, and that was an easy 9 points for whoever spoke first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
I thought that too, but its actually the case with all the other goals, because if you don't go there early, someone else will! But yeah, I see what you mean, and this one did throw me at first, but it came out as one of the initial goals in our last game, and that was an easy 9 points for whoever spoke first.

It is slightly different in this one because if others are short on chairs for some reason (and they have better options for their limited chairs) you can't block them as effectively as blocking may result in less points for this one.

this brings me to a question:

Can you place a chair and score zero points? (this only seems like it would come up as a smart play in a 2 player zero sum game)

Also, in your experience what is the average value of a chair?

I'd expect 4-6 points is about average. (and blocking can probably be worth it on a 4 x 2 goal.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Can you place a chair and score zero points? (this only seems like it would come up as a smart play in a 2 player zero sum game)

Yes, I think that is in the rules somewhere.

Quote:

I'd expect 4-6 points is about average. (and blocking can probably be worth it on a 4 x 2 goal.)

I think if you can get 3 points for a chair its always worth it. Average value though - probably 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

Yes, I think that is in the rules somewhere.

Quote:

I think if you can get 3 points for a chair its always worth it. Average value though - probably 4.

I assume you are talking just average due to meetings and not due to spending end scoring?

(I have only played once and I think we both played less than effective, the game was over way quicker than I expected as the car moves around the track fairly quickly in a 2 player game)

In our game we both had a few chairs still left unused at the end, which is probably bad to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
In our game we both had a few chairs still left unused at the end, which is probably bad to do.

Not really, since you need seats to score the final goal tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

I mean seats in excess of final goals. modest

(Could only do 1 of the 3 goals)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
newrev wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

I mean seats in excess of final goals. modest

(Could only do 1 of the 3 goals)

Oh, so you need to play it again. For what I've been read, everybody enjoys the game a lot more at the second play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with 6 games under my belt, I usually manage to get two of the end game scoring conditions, but it depends what they are, some are harder than others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Even with 6 games under my belt, I usually manage to get two of the end game scoring conditions, but it depends what they are, some are harder than others.

The goals were 2 black cars, 2 of the black part upgrades and 2 specific certifications. The initial 2 car demands/goals were green and blue, which each have 3 chairs. Due to this not many black cars made it out of the factory. And there weren't many black part upgrades to start. The game ended quicker tha. Both of us expected. (We did have one rule wrong, we though in administration you could only train and not work in other areas, which is a big deal.)

Definitely looking forward to playing again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that rule is a big one. People are always going to admin when both the design spaces are blocked for example. The same goal came out in our last game. The two certifications one is easy, everyone got that. I got two chassis upgrades, because I had a pet project goal that matched it, but only 1 black car got built all game. And no red cars at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.