Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does losing a scout or UAV cause you to lose 1VP for a crashed aircraft? The rules say: -1 VP for crash; -1 VP for pilot; don't lose 1VP for unmanned. That last sounds like it could apply to the pilot VP only (especially since it's stated after that one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If an aircraft crashes, you lose 1VP. If the pilot is killed, you lose an additional VP (because you drew a "Killed" chit, the SAR failed when aircraft was shot down with too much structural damage, etc).

However, unmanned aircraft (UAV/SCOUT/whatever) you don't lose any VP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Lost scouts do not result in lost VPs. If they did, the rulebook would say so. The only consequence to losing a scout is mentioned on pg 13: "If the Scout is Lost, remove the counter from the campaign". (But it's a painful consequence, none the less).

2) Losing a UAV does NOT result in lost VPs. That sentence at the top of page 21 which you mentioned, refers to aircraft - not pilots. (As there are no pilots in unmanned aircraft).

This is verified by looking at the aircraft descriptions on pg 24 for both of the UAVs... they each say, "Do not lose 1VP when an R/MQ-1 Crashes".

So this also applies if you decide to use either UAV as a scout... in either case, lost scouts do not cost VPs.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An educated guess would be that you lose 1 VP for the scout and nothing for the scout's "crew."

According to the thread Scout replacement, you can replace scouts for 1 SO each, rather then paying VP's for replacement aircraft, so I'd probably play it that it'd only be -1 VP for a lost scout.

Edit: A couple other people beat me to the reply. Even though I've never played with lost VP's for scouts, I can kinda see it both ways. I think I'll keep playing it that I don't lose VP's for scouts getting shot down, but do what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody, good call on those other locations Barry. I drew an implication from the order of the sentences only, and those other two rules clear things up.
edit: also this is stated explicitly on the Air Base Sheet, in the correct order (bottom right corner) :|

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.