Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Wintner
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently a game called "Guildhall Seven Seas" or "Seven Seas Guildhall" came out as a part of AEG's "Black Box" promotional item for this past Black Friday. My guess is that this is simply Guildhall (original, not Job Faire) with different artwork, i.e. a re-theme. I also see under the versions of Guildhall that there was an Italian version released a bit ago called "Seven Seas", so maybe this is just that, but now with English rules.

Can anyone confirm this? Essentially, what I'd like to know is if there's actually a new game here, or simply a re-skin of the US release of Guildhall. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwintner wrote:
Apparently a game called "Guildhall Seven Seas" or "Seven Seas Guildhall" came out as a part of AEG's "Black Box" promotional item for this past Black Friday. My guess is that this is simply Guildhall (original, not Job Faire) with different artwork, i.e. a re-theme. I also see under the versions of Guildhall that there was an Italian version released a bit ago called "Seven Seas", so maybe this is just that, but now with English rules.

Can anyone confirm this? Essentially, what I'd like to know is if there's actually a new game here, or simply a re-skin of the US release of Guildhall. Thanks!

Yep. Just a retheme. Source: a copy at my FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is exactly Guildhall with new art and names of characters. All mechanics are identical.

Source: I have one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is, in the version listings, an Italian listing that looks like it is an Italian version of the AEG Seven Seas game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Birkbeck
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myrm wrote:
There is, in the version listings, an Italian listing that looks like it is an Italian version of the AEG Seven Seas game...

The English rule book credits the same artist and graphic designers and has a copyright notice for uplay.it edizoni, so it's most likely a translation of the Italian version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben B
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if there are plans to release this? Or is it just a limited print run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.