Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Haar
United States
Bemidji
Mn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an over abundance of old trivia games that are taking over my gaming shelves. I dont really want to get rid of them persay, because I do like to pull out trivia from time to time. But, a lot of these games are really lame, but the trivia part can be fun with a certain crowd. Has anyone out there done anything creative with a new way to store things like this? I was thinking of getting maybe a big jar and just dumping them in there. But, I thought since this is such a big community that maybe someone has done something else. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluttershy31 wrote:
I have an over abundance of old trivia games that are taking over my gaming shelves. I dont really want to get rid of them persay, because I do like to pull out trivia from time to time. But, a lot of these games are really lame, but the trivia part can be fun with a certain crowd. Has anyone out there done anything creative with a new way to store things like this? I was thinking of getting maybe a big jar and just dumping them in there. But, I thought since this is such a big community that maybe someone has done something else. Thanks!!
Well, are they trivial pursuit or not?

If they are, I highly recommend you get a copy of Trivial Pursuit Steal Card Game. I love this product. It allows you to get rid of the obnoxious roll-and-move mechanic from Trivial Pursuit, and jettisons the need to get your pawn on a particular space while keeping the "get all six colors" mechanic. It makes Trivial Pursuit a quick 20-30 minute game, which is about the right length for a luck-and-knowledge game, and adds some player interaction. You can use any Trivial Pursuit card set with steal, so you can keep the trivia cards and chuck the bulky boxes.

I have gotten rid of all my Trivial Pursuit sets except one (Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars Classic Trilogy Collector's Edition) and have kept only one standard board and one set of peices in case we want to play standard Trivial Pursuit, though I don't see that happening. Otherwise, I have kept only the card boxes from all the old sets, and when someone wants trivia, we play with the Steal set.

Pete (has no easy answer for non-Trivial-Pursuit games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.