Popular Tags: [View All]
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me set the stage.

You have Cerebro 'Supercomputer' on your opponent's Storm character. This of course means that "your opponent's dice from that card cost a minimum of 2 energy to field".

Let's say that you currently have 2 Storm dice fielded: [and of course, Storm's not the important part, it's the fielding cost I am talking about.]

Now, I play Imprisoned, which "captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less".

So, I go to grab my opponent's Storm.

What's the result?

Can I grab both, because her printed fielding cost for any of the levels would let me grab 2, no matter what? OR, did Cerebro modify her fielding cost in such a was that Imprisoned sees it, and I can only grab 1 Storm, because her fielding cost is 2?

Here's my take on the situation. Storm doesn't care how she got there, her fielding cost is the number on the die. So under the effects of Cerebro, I can still get both of them.

By extension, let's say Cerebro wasn't in the picture, and instead some dice were fielded with some free effects, like Gambit, or Transfer Power. I think it's a similar situation. Grabbing characters fielded for free still count their fielding cost on the die to the total looked at for Imprisoned.

What are your thoughts? [and I know WizKids will have the final word, I was just wondering how this situation was being handled by the different groups out there).

I do wish that I could some out get in on the play-testing for the game. I think we could make a real difference if we got our heads together, and cleaned up the wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unclear, but I am of the camp that doesn't think that Super Computer and Sentinel of Liberty does not actually alter anything but what a player has to pay to field a die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my vantage point, since Cerebro doesn't actually change the "fielding cost" to 2, you would be able to use Imprisoned normally, as though Cerebro weren't in effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Tomilowitz
msg tools
I would rule (unofficially) it is the number on the die, regardless of the cost to field said die.

One sticky situation could be if you fielded a Storm before Cerebro clamped down, then fielded another Storm when Cerebro was in effect, and both Storms are on the same face in the field (neither having been removed), how can you tell them apart? (assume the player mixes there location in the field and there is no marker or token to distinguish one from the other, which the game does not provide for)

Your Gambit example supports the above ruling.

Good question for the Rules Team so this can be "official".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gordon
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it's the number on the character faces, regardless of penalties/bonuses that affect that number. Trying to keep track of a character's actual cost that may have been fielded many turns ago could be a pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

When exactly ends the effect of Imprisoned?
1. If you dont damage the opponent, in the Clean up phase, when end all effects.
2. When opponent receive damage, in the Attack phase "Assign damage"
3. When Namor blocks.

-Can you KO the die of Imprisoned?. Can you KO Basic Action dies?
Specillay with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sias Mey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. No, it stays in effect past the cleanup step, similar to Cerebro.

2. Not Quite, Im not sure right now if damage actually happens during Assign damage, or if there is a Resolve Damage step after that. But Effectively it would be as soon as your opponents life counter moves down, as long as the movement is from an effect you control.

3. Yes ... when Namor Blocks you can choose to cancel it.

4. So far there is nothing to indicate that a Basic Action die or a Action die can be KOed, there is some debate ... but its a pretty rare fringe case that only possibly applies to another version of Cerebro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ChioZA wrote:
1. No, it stays in effect past the cleanup step, similar to Cerebro.

Why your answer is "no"?
The cleanup step: All card effects end (exception: “while active” effects may continue). The turn ends.
In my opinion Imprisoned ends in cleanup step and dont continue if the opponent dont suffer damage.

I think the three answers are correct.

I dont know how wizkids forum dont have a question and an answer about that. Its a basic card action everyone have in the starter¡¡¡¡

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Pilz
United States
Rincon
Georgia
flag msg tools
On Imprisoned, it states on the card that the effects last until canceled or the opponent takes damage. So it will continue through both players turn until either of those things occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule from the rule book states:

"Unless otherwise specified, card effects and bonuses end at the end of a turn."

And these cards are definitely specifying a different end time, meaning the above does not apply to them.

For Imprisoned: Until cancelled or you deal damage to your opponent.

For Cerebro: Until you or a card effect removes it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.