Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis W
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are any of you aware of a hexagonal game like Battlelore for 4 players in which every player is for himself (no teams). It would require the armies to be more spreadout and therefore need a bigger map. It doesn't have to use the same combat system, but I like the dice rolling mechanic. The only thing I can think of that is close is Runewars, but the game has more than just combat and doesn't use dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might want to take a look at Warparty ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to go with blocks, then Wizard Kings could be a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there is always BattleLore: Epic BattleLore. With two sets of Battlelore, I assume you could recreate the epic expansion from the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
Well, there is always BattleLore: Epic BattleLore. With two sets of Battlelore, I assume you could recreate the epic expansion from the first edition.

Except that even Epic Battlelore is a team game, not an all-vs-all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich bran
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Conquest of nerath is pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Whitney
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used the Warhammer Fantasy miniature rules with my Battlelore miniatures when I wanted to play with more than 2 players and didn't want the 2-side team play of Epic. Those rules are good and have worked well, but you do need a decent number of BT figures to make it work. I own the 1st ed and all but 3 of the expansions, but I think it's doable with just the base set; don't own 2nd ed so I'm not sure if there's enough in the base set.

I'll of course add the usual disclaimer of; it's only an option if you can stomach GW's poor anti-fanbase policies and are willing to pay the ridiculously high $ for the core rulebook and Triumph and Treachery companion book. I bought the ePub editions, so it wasn't so bad. At least I didn't have to pay the even more ridiculous price for an army of WH Miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexus Ops is a four-player, free-for-all, thematic light conflict game with miniatures on a modular hex-based map that uses dice-rolling to determine combat resolution.

Main differences with Battlelore would be that Nexus Ops doesn't use detailed scenarios (instead, VP comes from hidden objective cards), the scale of movement is different (so the map is actually smaller), the armies are symmetric (not different factions), and that there is an economic element involved where players buy additional units over the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.