Subject: What do other owners of FC use to play electronically ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lockett
Australia
Rockingham
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I want to get into this game and I currently have no opponents and am playing solo ( please see solo thread too! ) in order to learn the rules.

So the question is "What do other owners of FC use to play electronically ?"

I'm aware of the ADC2 software and I don't have an issue with the Au$20.00 price tag but I'd rather download than wait for a CD that I could possibly burn myself (yes, I am impatient and I have broadband).
However, I'm not aware of the 'user-base' of the ADC2 game-specific app when compared to the likes of Vassal and would not like to have paid for a nice piece of software which hardly anybody else uses.

I am assuming quite a bit here and hope to be guided in the right direction by a few other owner/players.

I'd be interested to hear from the other Aussies owners only for the fact that they are no more than +3 hours of my timezone (Perth +8GMT) and are therefore easier to set up 'real-time' matches with, but I would be equally grateful to receive comments from any region.

Regards,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Haseler
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve

Mark McGilchrist (in Sydney) has put a Cyberboard Gamebox together for FC and it can be found at:
http://www.geocities.com/mark_mcg2001/FlyingColors.zip

I think he could be looking for an online game at present...

I play a bit of FC also, but with three Cyberboard games (PoG, TS, WW) going now, I don't have any spare capacity!

PaulH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lockett
Australia
Rockingham
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the heads-up, mate!

I've downloaded the cyberboard gamebox and I'll give Mark a shout when I have it sussed.

Cheers,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting my arse kicked at Cape Vincent right now.. so yes please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lockett
Australia
Rockingham
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Minedog3 wrote:
I'm getting my arse kicked at Cape Vincent right now.. so yes please!

...and mine is being kicked in War at Sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.