Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought pretty much everything on a whim (and a large sale at Fantasy Flight) and picked up the rest, I believe, from Miniature Market. I had been watching the game's thread for a while and when I saw the sales, I pulled the trigger.

The problem? No Tannhauser base game set. It was everywhere a month ago for $48.00 Now? Nowhere to be found at that price. I tried the Geek Marketplace three times, only to find one had already sold his and the other two haven't been active in months. I finally broke down and bought a copy on ebay for a haggled-down $70.00 (+ shipping).

So now I wait and hope it was all worth it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
dophin26 wrote:
So now I wait and hope it was all worth it

My opinion? It is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
$70 is about what the core set cost in Canada retail regular price, so don't feel too bad. I think I paid $45 for mine, but then had to buy the 2nd edition rules on top of that. When it arrives however, you will definitely feel like it was worthwhile.

One of my friends who doesn't like miniature games OR war games loves this game and suggests it almost every game night where it's just the two of us. It IS definitely worth having and I'm sure you'll love it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
It really is a good time. It feels a lot like a videogame to me. Like a MOBA or a multiplayer team deathmatch. It is a pretty darn good game that just oozes with theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to look up MOBA. I'm old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
dophin26 wrote:
Had to look up MOBA. I'm old.
Sorry blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's cool. I'm in my 40's, so old enough that some new acronyms are beyond me, but not so old that I would go back

My game should be arriving any time now. I've been reading some of the rules online just to get primed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pooley
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
A few weeks ago I managed to get it for £27 on EBay second hand- normal price ~£60 in the UK.I know of one shop now where they have one copy left and that is about it.

Then I went a bit mad and bought both map expansions and a load of extra miniature packs.

In the UK the Reich Troop pack just can not be found apart from £127 on Amazon...however, it seems a games shop in the UK must have found a pack down the back of a sofa as they had it listed on their website as the only Tannhauser item in stock so managed to get it for £16.

And I still haven't actually played it yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once I saw that everything was going out of stock it took me a few months to get it all together. I now have everything but the equipment cards.

Grizz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tellius Hoarfrost
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Haha I have everything too except the reicht pack and the equip cards. still havent had a chance to play it but just having it in my collection feels nice because i love its style. Being a huge Wolfenstien fan it was an easy buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.