Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eagarly awaiting the release of Taj Mahal and figured that I might as well go ahead and order a few more of the top ranked games missing from my collection. Looking at Tigris & Euphrates and Power Grid.

My question regarding all three is; How are they with 3 players?

We love RA with three, and also usually have only three for Princes of Florence, Goa, and Puerto Rico which seems to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T&E works great with 3; excellent game! Not so fond of 3 player Power Grid, but I haven't played that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The resource supply track has some quirks with 3...it just doesn't balance quite right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 3 player Tigris and Euphrates on quite a few occasions and enjoyed it a lot.

Haven't played Power grid, so can't comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Bas said, T&E is fantastic with 3 players. I'm not a fan of Power Grid with any number. And I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of Taj Mahal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Heaton
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the number of map sections chosen varies with the number of players Power Grid should scale well from 3-5. I think that things get too cramped with six, and two doesn't work for me.

I've enjoyed Taj Mahal, but the players, and who you play to the left of, is crucial to my enjoyment of the game.

I've never liked T&E. There is so much going on and every play seems to radically modify what is possible in the game. I literally don't know how well I'm doing until the very end, but I can be sure that I'm not going to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
China is an excelllent game with 3, so is Thurn and Taxis and Reef Encounter. The first two are lighter but very enjoyable, the last is complex (IMO), but good fun.

Good Luck!

Giles.

T & E is also an excellent game for three!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.