Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

War of the Ring Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: What did i miss? :-) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We play WOTR quite regularly and I am surprised that Lords of the Middle-Earth expansion never got to my radar. After a quick research the pre-painted collector's edition is sold out. What will i miss if I buy the regular one? Also does it make sense to buy Treebeard promo from BGG market (it is the same figure as the rest of the ents if I am not mistaken).
Is there anything else that I missed? :-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You miss the prepainted figures (afaik).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I bought the normal Lords of Middle-Earth and I will paint them.
I also bought the special sleeves for the cards and I was surprised that there wasn't enough sleeves for the basic set (if I wanted to sleeve character cards too) let alone the expansion cards. How did you solve this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy more sleeves. There was a tin of sleeves you could buy that fitted the Collectors Edition base game cards.

I bought them when I upgraded my Collectors Edition cards to second Edition cards, which you will need to use LoME.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Buy more sleeves. There was a tin of sleeves you could buy that fitted the Collectors Edition base game cards.

I bought them when I upgraded my Collectors Edition cards to second Edition cards, which you will need to use LoME.


Would you please provide a link to the sleeves you bought? Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
Buy more sleeves. There was a tin of sleeves you could buy that fitted the Collectors Edition base game cards.

I bought them when I upgraded my Collectors Edition cards to second Edition cards, which you will need to use LoME.


Ok, where can I get them? So you are saying that the expension I bought I can't use at the moment? That'd be a bummer.
Concerning sleeves, I bought them in a special tin box. As they were specially developed for WOTR I thought there are none other on the market.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to find this product (tin of CE sleeves) in various online game stores (with or without the card upgrades).

Also Mayday (at least they did last time I checked) also sell sleeves without a tin that fit the CE cards.


http://www.aresgames.eu/games/war-of-the-ring-line/war-of-th...

To upgrade your CE to second edition you need the tin of cards (upgrade pack) and download a PDF of the 2nd edition rules. Then you can use LoME, but without the expansion elements that are in the CE box.

There are a few forums on this here, which may be helpful if this is news.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mayday sleeves are about 1mm narrower than the ones that come in the sleeve. It is a noticeable difference when cards are stacked in a deck. To manage this, I ensured I used only one brand of sleeves on both Event decks for each player.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for answering my questions. I!ve read some other threats and while it was confusing reading for a while I think I got it now.
So basically I should try to hunt down the Second Edition Upgrade kit.

There I will get tin, extra sleeves and most importantly cards - the reason I need the cards is the white vs black borders, right? Or are there other changes?

Also did the reprint of the second edition upgrade kit already happen? Do you know about any cheap store that ships to EU? Thank you!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Stach
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and one more question. In the Lords of the Middle-Earth CE version there was Treebeard. Do I need that figure for any reason? (I can get it from BGG store, but I wonder if there is any reason for it since there are the same figures of ents in the CE - I'm not sure how big difference it will make to have one extra).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elwen wrote:
Oh, and one more question. In the Lords of the Middle-Earth CE version there was Treebeard. Do I need that figure for any reason? (I can get it from BGG store, but I wonder if there is any reason for it since there are the same figures of ents in the CE - I'm not sure how big difference it will make to have one extra).


You may not need the Treebeard figure, but there is a card as part of the promo pack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elwen wrote:
Thank you for answering my questions. I!ve read some other threats and while it was confusing reading for a while I think I got it now.
So basically I should try to hunt down the Second Edition Upgrade kit.

There I will get tin, extra sleeves and most importantly cards - the reason I need the cards is the white vs black borders, right? Or are there other changes?

Also did the reprint of the second edition upgrade kit already happen? Do you know about any cheap store that ships to EU? Thank you!


There are various text changes on the cards, combined with the new 2nd edition rulebook, enable you to play the 2nd edition.

Here is a link to an upgrade kit on Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Ring-First-Edition-Upgrade/dp/B0...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.