Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a personage for each new know-how mean a personage for each

1) Know-how new to the game

-or-

2) Know-how new to the player?

For instance, the Phonecians already invented the wheel, and got a personage. The Egyptians come along and pay 3 gold to invent it also. Do they get a personage, since it's a new know-how for them, or not, since the Phonecians already had it, and therefore it is not new to the game?

Cheers!
Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a personage for each know-how new to the game, in your example the Egyptians should not get a personage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they do not. There are 8 know-ho personages (one for each advancement). The first person to complete each advancement gets the personage card. The later players get no victory points, but they do get the know-how at a cheaper price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first player to create the "invention" gets a card. There's 8 cards in the game: one for each invention. Getting the card is one reason it's more expensive to be the first to acquire the new know-how.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Campbell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.