Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc D.
United States
Tamaqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Everyone,

CLOSING REGISTRATION! Please contact us if still interested and missed registration.

For those interested in a minicon during winter there will be an event at the Jim Thorpe Inn on Jan 23rd through the 25th. This is about 30 minutes north of Allentown, PA.

www.Coalcon.snyder.it

Discounted hotel rates if you are staying.
Cost of the con is free or at your discretion through donation. Recommend $20 to help us cover costs. Registration is required on the website as space is limited.

A relaxing open gaming get together.

Must register to attend at:
www.Coalcon.snyder.it

Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks fun! Do you have an event list yet? Can we play a drinking game in the pub one night? The wife and I may be interested in heading down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D.
United States
Tamaqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No event list yet, should be fairly light mostly open gaming.
As folks register and put up events through the game registration link, e.g. Tourney, test a prototype, we hope to post a calendar. Right now we have the giveaways through Friday and Saturday. A Small World tournament, and one person looking to run through some game prototypes.

As far as drinking games, outside the scope of what we are doing. I would ask the Inn if you are interested in doing that in the pub. They do usually have a live band on Friday nights if any interest in that. They did say folks are welcome to bring games into the pub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Davenport
United States
Dickson City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need GMs for anything? Living in Scranton and can offer a variety of board games and if anyone is looking for RPGs we could offer some Greyhawk Reborn.

Scott Davenport
Mepacon Organized Play Staff
Greyhawk Reborn Writer/DM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D.
United States
Tamaqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Scott,
Asked and there might be some interest in a Greyhawk reborn campaign. No veteran Greyhawk folks but some veteran role players.
If you are interested in attending please register and you can post the RPG you would like to run on the game registration. I will work with our web developer to put a calendar up.
You can email for quicker response at the link on the website as well.
Appreciate you offering!
Thanks,
Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Join our Berks Boardgamers group (Hamburg, Pa) via Facebook!
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, I submitted game reservations for die Macher on Saturday morning (9am?) and Nations on Sunday morning (also 9am?). This isn't a tournament, just reserving a time slot to play these games. Everyone is welcome, I'm happy to teach you how to play if you don't already know.

Also, check out the list of games I hope to play/teach and games I'd like to learn on the guild page:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1286383/winter-coal-con
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Id love to run 1 long game. Maybe Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, Arkham Horror, or Firefly: The Game (all expansions included for each)? I could also run something unique like a large Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game or BattleTech scenario. I also have enough for a Android: Netrunner cyberwar draft. Or even an old school Middle-earth sealed deck, BattleTech CCG sealed deck, or Hecatomb booster draft tournament.

Id also love to run Death Cup Friday and Saturday nights at the pub.

Any interest in any of these things???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Ah, the diabolical Dice … a word of caution; don't throw them when you're alone. The fiends lack loyalty, and their notion of nourishment is quite disturbing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in playing Arkham Horror, Firefly and X-Wing. I would need a rules refresher though, especially with AH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
Id love to run 1 long game. Maybe Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game, Arkham Horror, or Firefly: The Game (all expansions included for each)?

Any interest in any of these things???

I would love to give Arkham Horror and/or Firefly a shot, now we are talking! And I agree with Jim, a refresher/rules runthrough would be great. I've read the rules for both but you know how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D.
United States
Tamaqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Folks, Trying to get an editable calendar up and running on the website. Hopefully soon, great idea using this thread to put the ideas and invites out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved a room. So how do we get a schedule of games goin' ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on bringing along:
Caverna: The Cave Farmers
Discworld: Ankh-Morpork (played)
Circus Train (Second edition) (played)
De Vulgari Eloquentia
Merkator

For the ones I haven't played I'll try to learn the rules ahead of time. Let me know if any of these sound interesting and maybe we can figure out a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to let everyone know we are working on getting an online scheduler going so that if anyone wants to schedule games ahead of time you will be able to do so, including signing up for games - hopefully it wil be available in a day or two - I'll post details here when its ready!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so it's not the prettiest thing in the world, and feel free to just set up/schedule games on your own, but I did whip together a Google Spreadsheet that you can use to schedule some games if you want, you can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_B1jMRIU8CZeVx9d7PE...

You don't need any kind of Google account or anything, and it works like a regular spreadsheet, if you want to 'host' a game just fill it out and anyone that wants to play can just put their names in the 'Player 1', 'Player 2', etc fields, and the day of the con I'll have it printed out so we can refer to it if need be.

There are 3 different sheets for the 3 different days of the Con, just switch between them using the tabs at the bottom of the page.

I have a 'dummy' game scheduled in the first row just to give you an idea of how I imagined it would work. Feel free to add columns if need be. Hope it'll help out with trying to set up some gaming for the Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Tate
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcarvin wrote:
For anyone interested, I submitted game reservations for die Macher on Saturday morning (9am?) and Nations on Sunday morning (also 9am?). This isn't a tournament, just reserving a time slot to play these games. Everyone is welcome, I'm happy to teach you how to play if you don't already know.

Also, check out the list of games I hope to play/teach and games I'd like to learn on the guild page:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1286383/winter-coal-con

Do you have room for people in Die Macher? How long do you expect it to take? I'm considering driving up from Philly just for this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I added a bunch of games that I would be willing to run to the Saturday tab of the google drive spreadsheet. I don't have a preference of when during the CON to play any of them. Id like to just gauge interest so I can make sure to only bring games that will have players as most on that list are a commitment to play. I can schedule the games to be most convenient to the players.

Id also love to try Five Tribes, Imperial Settlers, Nations, die Macher, & Caverna as I haven't played any of those before.

Games that I would be willing to run during the CON:
3 hr 30 min, Battlestar Galactica (all exp), 5-8 Players
3 hr 30 min, Firefly (all exp), 3-6 Players
5 hr 00 min, Arkham Horror (all exp), 5-10 Players
1 hr 00 min, Death Cup, 5-20 Players
1 hr 00 min, Legendary Encounters, 3-5 Players
4 hr 00 min, Android, 3-5 Players
4 hr 00 min, Runewars, 4-4 Players
3 hr 00 min, Dominant Species, 4-6 Players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Tate
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
I added a bunch of games that I would be willing to run to the Saturday tab of the google drive spreadsheet. I don't have a preference of when during the CON to play any of them. Id like to just gauge interest so I can make sure to only bring games that will have players as most on that list are a commitment to play. I can schedule the games to be most convenient to the players.

Id also love to try Five Tribes, Imperial Settlers, Nations, die Macher, & Caverna as I haven't played any of those before.

I could bring Imperial Settlers, Nations, and Caverna, love all of them, Imperial Settlers would be my #1 choice. Would be on Saturday only as I'd just be coming up for the day. Would also play Dominant Species, maybe Battlestar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moffa
United States
Clementon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to try Legendary Encounters. I wouldn't mind running an adventure game like Descent (co-op or regular version), Galaxy Defenders, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Tate
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jerseygamer wrote:
Would love to try Legendary Encounters. I wouldn't mind running an adventure game like Descent (co-op or regular version), Galaxy Defenders, etc.

Not a 6 hour game of German politics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moffa
United States
Clementon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Pack a sandwich for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mischa Blair
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I will see if I can get up there on Saturday from South Jersey. I don't think we have plans, but one can never tell! If so, I'll sign up for Firefly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Carvin
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatertot18 wrote:

Do you have room for people in Die Macher? How long do you expect it to take? I'm considering driving up from Philly just for this!!

I don't have any set group of people. I was just setting a time and a place to play the game to generate interest. Glad to have you if you can make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested in these games can you add your name to the google sheet and add a note that indicates a preferred day/time.

Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_B1jMRIU8CZeVx9d7PE...

tatertot18 wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

I could bring Imperial Settlers, Nations, and Caverna, love all of them, Imperial Settlers would be my #1 choice. Would be on Saturday only as I'd just be coming up for the day. Would also play Dominant Species, maybe Battlestar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc D.
United States
Tamaqua
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Greg for the sheet, I added my name to a couple if I have the time with other things going on. Happy to play Imperial Settlers or Caverna as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I was planning on bringing along, please feel free to browse my collection and let me know if you want me to grab anything else!

Chinatown - This is the Z-Man reprinted version, fun as hell.
Diamonds - Can't go wrong with this one.
Le Havre - Only played this once so far, really want to give it another go!
Lords of Waterdeep - One of our favorite games, with D&Deeples!
Runebound (Second Edition) - It'll take a while to get through it but hey, we have the time!
Viticulture - Some new-ish hotness, totally awesome.

Most of these I'm bringing just because rarely do we get them to the table, figured this is as good a time as any.

And again, if there's anything else I have that catches your eye (like maybe Mansions of Madness? Anyone?) let me know and I'll bring it along!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.