Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Faris
United States
Edgewood
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up on the GiftTRAP website (http://www.gifttrap.com/) to be a part of their Massive Play Event in October. Our group couldn't wait!

Yet we would have too. For 2.5 hours we muddle our way through our first venture into the "murder mystery" genre. Side note: The "How to Host a Murder Mystery" is not a game, it is a boring, drawn out novel. Our group was drained by the end the story and the reveal.

Luckily, someone suggested we play GiftTRAP before we leave. Thank God! This game saved our game night. As we opened the box, there was a sense of awe as the components were set on the table. People were fighting for their favorite color of gift bags. It was an awesome sight.

The game is a little bit daunting to setup and explain to newbies. It took about 10 minutes to setup and explain what was going to happen....But after that it was so much fun. We had 8 players and during the phase of giving gifts, players were so enthralled. There was lots of interaction with everyone.

This game is a great game for big groups. The scoring and movement of pieces gets a little hectic with 8 players. I would imagine it being simpler with less players.

We had a great time and can't wait to play this again. We had fun just reading through the gift cards after the game was over. This is highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Dyga
United Kingdom
Fraserburgh
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished our first game and really had a good time. Played it with four players and we got most of the gifts right. It's also so tempting to give someone a risqué gift just to see their faces (whether they’re still your friend at the end of their turn is another matter!!!).

Top marks for the packaging, everything fits in nice and snug and still has room for expansions. I gave this game a 9 rating as this must be one of the best family/party games out there. Because of Scott Nicholson’s review there’s now a shop in the North-East of Scotland selling it, cheers.
And remember, if someone gives you a crap gift there's always Ebay !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a loan of a copy for review from one of the few UK outlets: www.greenknightgames.co.uk.
A quick play-through with our teenage son showed what a great game it is. Bit embarrasing when I accidently gave my husband the Dominatrix! Then we had to decide who was going to take the game out on Saturday night - us with our regular game group, or our son, who wanted to take it to a party with his teenage friends. Son won and GiftTRAP was a great hit! When they had played it a couple of times, the teens wanted to try another boardgame. Chalk one up for traditional entertainment.

Green Knight Games say they never seen a new game sell so fast - within 48 hours of first listing it on their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.