Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember Uwe saying he was waiting until the game was printed to release the official rules. Since that has happened, any word on a PDF?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Finke
United States
Cumming
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a while back and received this response,
Uwe wrote:
We may post the English rules AFTER the games have been delivered to our Kickstarter supporters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although you may check out the french rules
http://www.asyncron.fr/PDF/Fief_French_Rules_vWeb.pdf
or a preliminary draft of the german rules
https://www.spiele-offensive.de/gfx/cf/fief/German_Fief_Rule...

In any case the 2011 rulebook is available and all changes have been commented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YP
Netherlands
Leiden
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Any french/german speakers want to comment on the quality of the rulebook? Since the disaster that was the english rulebook of the previous edition it seems a little shady they're not releasing the rulebook yet. You'd think they'd want to remove any doubt about its quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding French rules (I gave them just a quick read so I might have missed things):
The rulebook has a pretty good quality (IMO). The rules' structure, layout and fonts have been modified and enhance slightly the readability (compared to the previous edition). Apart from that, it's very close to the previous ed., as was indicated on the beginning of the KS. I'd say the french rules are 95% identical, but better edited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
yorvog wrote:
Any french/german speakers want to comment on the quality of the rulebook? Since the disaster that was the english rulebook of the previous edition it seems a little shady they're not releasing the rulebook yet. You'd think they'd want to remove any doubt about its quality.

Previous edition rulebook was translated from french version.
And it seems the translator didn't make a good job.

This version was written first in english by Academy games team, then modified for french version by Asyncron games.
So it should be far away better ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
finke67 wrote:
I asked a while back and received this response,
Uwe wrote:
We may post the English rules AFTER the games have been delivered to our Kickstarter supporters.

The only real reason I see are related with marketing issues. Since the game is language-independent, other publishers might want to hinder the release of the rules in PDF format. Or at least, not to be wide-available until a late stage.

After months of delay, a good holiday gift could be the release of the rules in all the languages, at least for those who have backed the project for months.

My 2 cents soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fail to see any valid reason for withholding the English rules.
The French and German rules are readily available, why not the English???

It just seems like another attempt to increase the anticipation and decrease any critical view after all the delays.

Just give us the rules and let us prepare beforehand so we can try to play the game as soon as we get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.