Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what non backers will be missing from the retail base games of both SOB base games?

Will that content be available at a later time at retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Renz
msg tools
I believe the only thing exclusive to the kickstarter was the outlaw character. Everything else should be available at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing really.

The only "KS-exclusives" that come with the base games are the Outlaw Hero class (and the cards that come with it) and the extra (red) miniature sprues.

Potentially, the Outlaw class materials and the red sprues might be for sale (directly from FFP) at a later time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about the red sprues, but I have heard that everything apart from the miniature will be available for the Outlaw class, and I can't imagine that would be hard to proxy or whatever...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Flamme
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The other difference (other than the Outlaw class) is the promo cards. Those are only included when you get the game directly from Flying Frog, either through the kickstarter, their webstore or at a convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mb
it looks like a lot of stretch goal minis are not included but will be available for purchase later? I am getting tired of seeing kickstarters and stretch goals that don't come with the game. It is fun when you are part of the kickstarter but sucks if you aren't and only find out about the game later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RomanLegion wrote:
it looks like a lot of stretch goal minis are not included but will be available for purchase later? I am getting tired of seeing kickstarters and stretch goals that don't come with the game. It is fun when you are part of the kickstarter but sucks if you aren't and only find out about the game later.

yes, the stretch goals will be available later. They haven't made them yet, so no one has them as of yet.

Joruee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finn K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
RomanLegion wrote:

yes, the stretch goals will be available later. They haven't made them yet, so no one has them as of yet.

Joruee

Yeah the only item listed as kickstarter exclusive is outlaw character. Promo cards was available from FFP store if buying both sets combined order according to description. Only base sets manufactured/delivered so far.

Also custom dice is listed as not available in stores, but I would assume from FFP store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No custom dice yet either. They think limited quantities from the store. If you get both core sets now you'll basically have what KSers have except for the aforementioned promo cards (maybe 4 of them, real minor), and the Outlaw exclusive starter cards, character sheet and upgrade chart.

Not much at all.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mb
thanks.
in that case which base set is better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RomanLegion wrote:
thanks.
in that case which base set is better?

That's a tough question. They both have different heroes and worlds. Do you like a swamp world? Or a technologically advanced abandoned city?

People seem to prefer the Heroes in City of the Ancients and the Swamp World from Swamps of Death.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlow Morgan wrote:
The other difference (other than the Outlaw class) is the promo cards. Those are only included when you get the game directly from Flying Frog, either through the kickstarter, their webstore or at a convention.

They did say the 15 Card expansions and the alternative Hero figures were likely only be available direct from their website rather than available at retail.

Possibly some other small expansions as well.

As to which Starter is best if you are only getting one then I'd say City of Ancients.

All the figures fit back in the box after assembly, whereas the Harbinger in Swamps of Jargono doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Retail will be getting it BEFORE some of us UK backers angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cachia-Garrett
Australia
North Tamborine
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail HAS gotten it before every/any Australian backer angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The core sets are very equal in my opinion. If you can only get one, I suggest choosing based only on which theme you like best. They both come with two maps, the mine & one other world. Although the mine is different in each set.

Some notable thematic differences;
Swamps of death - swampy theme map tiles, undead bad guys & a boss who's model will not fit in the box after assembly (awesome), player characters are rancher, Indian scout, lawman, preacher.

City of the acients - arctic / nuclear winter post apocalyptic theme world, spiders & yeti bad guys, cthulu like boss. Player characters are gunslinger, saloon girl, bandito, U.S. marshal.

Other differences; basic gear & mine artifact decks are completely different, they tend to have fitting gear for the included classes. Like I said before, mine tiles are different in each set & so are the included encounters. Swamp of death has the largest tile pieces.

Game play, component quality, overall flavor are all equivalent though. So there are no wrong choices here.

Personally if I had to choose one, I'd pick city of ancient for the winter theme. But swamps has the undead minis...

In conclusion, just get both.

I hope this helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harlow Morgan wrote:

Has anyone ever posted a pic of what we get in the KS box besides the game boxes?

I am questioning now whether I got the promo cards. I definitely got the Outlaw character sheet and upgrade chart, but don't remember any additional cards, Outlaw based or otherwise... Should they have been loose in the box with the character sheet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James K
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mb
I would probably get both of I hadn't just baught most of the zombicide stuff and own most of descent. But this is co-op. Probably get one and try it then get the other one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want extra 40mm monsters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Gray
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have 26 of the outlaw coming my way in waves, and the outlaw comes with the promo cards. I am wishing that I would have ordered more. You can buy them off of eBay. They are selling for $25-$40 without the mini just now (the male and female minis are in later shipping waves).

The outlaw hero class is a Kickstarter Exclusive. The promo cards are not exclusive to Kickstarter. Well not all of them, I guess. The outlaw hero class has promo cards that are starting gear for the outlaw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Has anyone ever posted a pic of what we get in the KS box besides the game boxes?

I am questioning now whether I got the promo cards. I definitely got the Outlaw character sheet and upgrade chart, but don't remember any additional cards, Outlaw based or otherwise... Should they have been loose in the box with the character sheet?

Promo cards?:
- #001 Gear: Outlaw Pistol
- #002 Gear: Bandana
- #003 Gear: Saxton's Fancy Tonic
- #004 Gear: Tomb Chest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
Harlow Morgan wrote:

They were all contained in a single small plastic sleeve/package. Off the top of my head, there were 3x Outlaw Pistols (2x starting item, 1x gear), 2x bandanas (1x starting item, 1x gear), 1x tomb chest (gear), 1x sawed-off shotgun (starting item), 3x Outlaw ability cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both, I will double check in a bit, hopefully I have the cards and just missed them due to the sheer excitement at the size of the game boxes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine in the same package as my Outlaw cards. I actually think I got a set for each of the Outlaw's I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just double checked and I hadn't found the cards previously. In my excitement I'd obviously managed to miss them, as they were still sitting in the huge mound of polystyrene inside the giant box it all came in.

To recap, it is a small clear plastic bag with 11 cards inside - 4 promo (as listed above), 4 Kickstarter promos (the Outlaw starting items), and 3 Outlaw abilities.

Hopefully not too many people have thrown their packaging away with cards still inside!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spalanzani wrote:
I have heard that everything apart from the miniature will be available for the Outlaw class, and I can't imagine that would be hard to proxy or whatever...

Doubt this is true, the Outlaw starting item cards are actually marked 'Promo-KS01' etc, which would suggest that they are keeping them Kickstarter only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.