Hide
13 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Uncanny X-Men» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Deck Advice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Moore
msg tools
I thought of this idea after reading some posts on here and thought it could be fun.

2Cost:
4x Angel - Soaring
3x Black Widow - Killer Instinct
3x Psylocke - Kwannon the Assassin

3Cost:
2x Green Goblin - Goblin-Lord

4Cost:
4x Kitty Pride - Shadow Cat

5Cost:
2x Storm - Wind Rider

BA:
Ambush
Relentless

I'm just having trouble with the last few cards should I go 1x Prof. X - Powerful Telepath and 1x Silver Surfer or do Prof. X - Trainer/ RYM and a Venom any critique is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
What are you aiming to do?

What are the key characters, what is support?

How do you see these coming together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moore
msg tools
The win con is to field angels and kitty pride use ambush to boost them for big unblockable hits. angel and kitty are the 2 main characters followed by black widow to help keep some opposing characters manageable and psylocke for the mask energy to fuel kitty and relentless global as well as have some KO power. The storm is there to also get problem guys off the field. Goblin I chose so that if I need to I can play him and get some beats in with some SKs plus he is a cheap villain for those decks running with archvillains. Which brings me to my problem either of the options I have would be good in theory but I'm just not sure which option would be more beneficial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You already have two ways to score unblockable hits (Soaring and Shadow Cat), is relentless redundant? My one issue with Shadow Cat is she comes with a global which can be used against you. My version of this team uses Namor Submariner for the second unblockable punch plus Johnny Storm to clear away problematic toads.

There is no 'curve' above 4 on your team so you don't need Professor X Trainer for the global. Best to not give your opponent any tools they can use against you.

http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-builder/v1/#1278-3;1325-3;...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Knightshade7 wrote:
The win con is to field angels and kitty pride use ambush to boost them for big unblockable hits. angel and kitty are the 2 main characters followed by black widow to help keep some opposing characters manageable and psylocke for the mask energy to fuel kitty and relentless global as well as have some KO power. The storm is there to also get problem guys off the field. Goblin I chose so that if I need to I can play him and get some beats in with some SKs plus he is a cheap villain for those decks running with archvillains. Which brings me to my problem either of the options I have would be good in theory but I'm just not sure which option would be more beneficial.

Okay.

I said this in another thread looking to use unblockable character attacks. If you are rolling with that as your win con, I question using Relentless. That global cuts both ways and your two big attack characters will already be unblockable.

Why not bring Enrage instead for its global (pay a bolt, give one character +1A)?

Ambush is a great combo with Angel Soaring (I got destroyed in a couple games because of that combo).

Psylocke helps build for Storm. Both help with crowd control.

As it is, I don't think you need the UXM Prof X global. 1 5 coster in the bunch isn't much to worry about.

You have three characters with a purchase cost of 2, leaving you vulnerable to the common and uncommon Psylocke.

You also have a lot of 0 and 1 field cost dice in play, making you vulnerable to an imprison approach.

I like Goblin Lord for his cost (3) and to power Enrage (if you got that route).

You might want to look at Falcon: Recon. 3 cost as well, and when he attacks, all of your side kicks are unblockable. GL and F:R go together really well.

Falcon would also give you another fist character (with BW) to build to a Venom.

The unblockable Namor would also fit here. Builds well with Angel, and still not overly expensive at 5 cost.

edit: ninja (to some degree)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moore
msg tools
Thanks guys. JB you are right about relentless I don't know what I was thinking. Not sure how to overcome the psylocke and imprison weakness but i like your falcon:recon suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moore
msg tools
After some thinking and consideration on what you guys said I have decided to field the following...

2cost:
Angel - Soaring x4
Black Widow - Killer Instinct x3
Psylocke - Kwannon the Assassin x3

3cost:
Falcon - Recon x3
Green Goblin - Goblin-Lord x2

4cost:
Hawkeye - Long Bow x2 (Maybe this should be Punisher - McRook)?

5cost:
Namor - The Sub-Mariner x2
Professor X - Powerful Telepath x1

BA:
Ambush
Enrage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a big fan of this team. Angel is not reliable enough to be the main damage dealer as there are many ways to clear the field before you pull off the big damage. I like using Angel as an accessory to the team, but not a team around him, if that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
I am not a big fan of this team. Angel is not reliable enough to be the main damage dealer as there are many ways to clear the field before you pull off the big damage. I like using Angel as an accessory to the team, but not a team around him, if that makes sense.

He could be a main damage dealer with Prof X global, if you keep your bag thin.

But he is also a 2 cost shield character that you can buy for quick building to get to the Namor and basic action dice more quickly.

The list as is, I'd drop 1 of something for another Namor. Probably an Angel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is all your damage is one source. Loki Angel and watch your opponent do absolutely nothing all game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moore
msg tools
Well I also have Namor as a damage source. Was thinking about the UPX global as it would keep my bag thin and I would get Angel/Namor and my action dice more quickly. Also when I am able too I would like to add 2 Johnny storm to this list as another way to put some damage in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
The problem is all your damage is one source. Loki Angel and watch your opponent do absolutely nothing all game.

Damage Sources - Angel, Namor, and Sidekicks when attacking with Falcon.

That is far from one source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Paul
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I agree.
You need to spread out the characters and someone in with a little more kick and defense.
Too many 2 cost characters.
Loki, Cerebro and Rogue will wreck havoc on you pretty quickly. Having more dice in the field doesn't necessarily mean you will win.

In the late game all I would have to do is field cyclops and I would wipe out your whole team.
Or if I field hulk and use my silver surfers global that means bye bye to most of your team. Which means I can now hit you for major damage.

Add:
She hulk must be blocked by 2
Spider-man-Webslinger- forces all opposing characters to block him
and Doc oc- Fully armed- basically a thrown car

Do some ramping and you should have a decent deck.
I have won by fielding just 2 of these 3 with ambush time and time again.

Also hulks trigger, Mjolnir and Hawkeye take care of angel or falcon pretty quickly. Believe me on that one. I took so much damage that on my next turn I was basically dead.
Again it all depends on what your opponent has in the field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.