Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do a burst of strength and draw some cards, and also want to regroup some of your figures, then you must first regroup and then take your drawn cards onto your hand, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no, you regroup after you completed your burst of strenght (which includes drawing cards). Remember that you cannot play cards you drew on the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyvdav wrote:
no, you regroup after you completed your burst of strenght (which includes drawing cards). Remember that you cannot play cards you drew on the same turn.

Neither taking up your cards nor regrouping is part of burst of strength.

Page 3 of the rules clearly states about drawn cards: "He may look at them and add them to his hand only after he has finished 'Burst of stength'."

So the timing question remains open in my point of view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawing cards is part of the burst of strength, it's one of the 3 actions you can do. I admit I forgot about not being able to look at the cards before the end of the burst of strength. Regrouping is done after the action.

I would be tempted to say you regroup at the end of your turn, but according to the FAQ, you could regroup twice in the same "turn" with Ares card "attack two cities...".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh? That was the question, no? When to look at the cards. Not, when to draw the cards, that is completely clear.

Ok, once more the question, with different words:

Regrouping is done after the action. Looking at the new cards is done after the action. Which one comes first, and why, according to the rules, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.