Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Pizarro
Chile
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

I just played the 5 player scenario today and I got two questions
1) Not particularly related to the scenario; If two players play friendly (or neutral) can the active player use the action of the room?

2) If I understood the 5 player scenario correctly, then it is a "mission diplomatique" with the added interpol agent. Does it work with 7 players? (it would be harder for the interpol agent but I don't think it would be boring in any way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ppizarroj wrote:
Hi!

I just played the 5 player scenario today and I got two questions
1) Not particularly related to the scenario; If two players play friendly (or neutral) can the active player use the action of the room?

Yup, unless he just spent his action healing the passive player in a friendly interaction. Just passing an item is not an action though.
Quote:
2) If I understood the 5 player scenario correctly, then it is a "mission diplomatique" with the added interpol agent. Does it work with 7 players? (it would be harder for the interpol agent but I don't think it would be boring in any way)

Feel free to experiment. It's theoretically not impossible for the interpol agent, but I honestly believe it is very very improbable.

Plus 6p games tend to be longer than 4p games, so you really don't want to be eliminated there early...

And then let's not even mention the players/rooms ratio, which in a 7p game would mean interactions pretty much every turn, usually ending in a fight and/or knockout.

So all in all: yes, the rules could allow it and you almost have enough components (lack of armory deck might be a problem), but I honestly don't recommend it. If and when we come up with a scenario which we honestly think is workable with 7p, the description of the game will say so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi there!

ppizarroj wrote:

Since there are 8 different colored meeples in the box, it is possible to do so. It is not recommended, because every added player makes the board more crowded, increases the number of interactions and thus: play time. We really didn't want to increase it any further as we were not aiming for an epic, hours-long struggle between the players. Yes, it is slightly harder for the interpol agent, but not extremely in my opinion.
We, designers, are absolutely not against variants if you are looking for an epic game, definitely try it with any house rule implemented. I recommend you play a few 5 and 6 player games before it, since those were throroughly playtested, and understanding them can give you better ideas on house ruling your 7p game. And if you play: I personally would be very interested in the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.