Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Daniels
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Woohoo!

Thanks to all the folks who did assembly videos, posted tips and suggestions, shared their experiences, etc. The community has been such a great asset for this project, and here is the result. I hope these images will inspire anyone who's hit a wall to power through. The models look great. It's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job!

Now you just need to paint them all and then build terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I just wanted to pull my hair out! I'd have gladly paid twice as much to have completed/painted minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Stands are those that the VTs are on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. Nice Job. I'm almost there with you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Daniels
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nate555 wrote:
I just wanted to pull my hair out! I'd have gladly paid twice as much to have completed/painted minis!

It'd be worth a lot more than that. Blue Table Painting quoted a friend of mine $1,600 to assemble and paint the entire box contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Daniels
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dreamshadow wrote:
What Stands are those that the VTs are on?

Citadel flight stands, commonly used with Warhammer Fantasy and 40K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Venthrac wrote:
nate555 wrote:

It'd be worth a lot more than that. Blue Table Painting quoted a friend of mine $1,600 to assemble and paint the entire box contents.

The 1/200 and 1/250 Gashapon were around $5-$10 per figure [So 3 times that for all three modes for Valkyries] retail IIRC. And thats massproduction and including the Bandai Variable Fighter Collection which only did fighter mode because the others didn't sell. I don't think any of those ranges had a Recon or Recovery Pod and I'm not sure they had all the Destroids between them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It would have been nice if there weren't so many parts to each figure. Why did we need to have a destroid shoulder piece in 2 halves when the battloid shoulders were in one piece? I'm sure this is paradise to modelers but for those of us who just wanted to play it was (and is) a hassle.

Still, I'll try not complain too much because its ROBOTECH!!!!

R O B O T E C H!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!laughlaughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb

Now to make more Styrofoam structures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Oh yeah,

Since Palladium didn't bother to give you specific instructions on which types of units to build (aka, build 3 VF-1A, build 1 VF-1S, ect) I didn't bother with the head units all that much. So when I need to build a squad of 3 VF-1Js and 1 VH-1S I might not have those exact styles (maybe at first but with several squads it will get tough). It was nice for them to give you the options to customize (which I did for sake of building ease... who has time to glue 2 halves of a head unit together when you can barely see them they are so small).

I am hoping this will not adversely affect my games. I'm just thinking putting little numbered stickers on the bases will allow me to keep track of who is who during battle.

Perhaps after playing a while and getting to know how many typical units I will need for commonly used squads, I can eventually paint them so they are easy to identify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's there, under the Core Squadron cards. Each of those cards lists what is in a core squadron. So for a Valkyrie squadron, it's 1x VF-1J and 3x VJ-1A.

The complication comes in with the VF-1R upgrades, since they have different heads and replace, not add to, Mecha in a Core Squadron.

What I did was glue 1 VF-1J and 1 VF-1A head to each battloid, then left the other 2 heads swappable via magnets/pins (a tiny magnet in the body and a pin in the head). My next version of swappable will be a longer pin in the head, and a matching hole in the body. This allows me to swap 2x VF-1A heads with 2x VF-1R upgraded heads.

All other Mecha with optional weapons I also magnetized so they can be swapped as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Magnets? Awesome!

ismar2 wrote:
It's there, under the Core Squadron cards. Each of those cards lists what is in a core squadron. So for a Valkyrie squadron, it's 1x VF-1J and 3x VJ-1A.

The complication comes in with the VF-1R upgrades, since they have different heads and replace, not add to, Mecha in a Core Squadron.

What I did was glue 1 VF-1J and 1 VF-1A head to each battloid, then left the other 2 heads swappable via magnets/pins (a tiny magnet in the body and a pin in the head). My next version of swappable will be a longer pin in the head, and a matching hole in the body. This allows me to swap 2x VF-1A heads with 2x VF-1R upgraded heads.

All other Mecha with optional weapons I also magnetized so they can be swapped as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stout
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
ismar2 wrote:

However, it would have been nice for the makers to have a 'start here' sheet included, giving you instructions on what you needed to do. Oh well... its ROBOTECH!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don McCalmon
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it wasn't obvious and took some digging.

Check this Google+ post showing my magnetized Mecha.

https://plus.google.com/109207726702680264444/posts/NG5aiwmj...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Daniels
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Heh, I'll save my rant about stuff being on cards instead of the rulebook for another post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.